Lots of teams, but not organizations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Parents need to spend more time paying attention to the landscape and less time bragging on FB. By the time the issues brought up matter (maybe 14’s but definitely 16’s) IMO there is no good reason a parent should be bamboozled…they have been around the block long enough. If a team promises you the world but has a history of being “back fielded” well..

This also includes realizing how good your kid actually is….
⬆️⚠️

Simply
With less and less parents paying attention to what's actually happening with their own child's participation and development,
People look for a quick fix to spend their money on...
instead of recognizing it's not the organization name on The Jersey that is impressive,
it is the person wearing it that makes the difference!

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Beverly Bandits comes to mind when it comes to an program that has limited expansion and had quality teams throughout the organization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you referring to the Beverly Bandits of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, or Pennsylvania?

Jun 8, 2016
Are you referring to the Beverly Bandits of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, or Pennsylvania?
How many teams per age group do they have? Last I checked it was two (or 4 if you just go with 14’s,16’s,etc) with the exception of the age group which has the CA team(s). That could have changed in the last year or two though, not sure.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There is a running joke amongst the parents on DD’s team about me knowing every team we play, regardless of where they are from. They make fun of me for it, usually behind my back..
Wait. I thought you didn't interact with the other parents.

Regardless, it's a talent. I found many of the parents on DD's teams literally had no clue about a lot of things. Things that see fairly rudimentary when it came to the landscape of TB. Teams, tourneys, schedules, coaches, college teams, college commits, etc. DD's team was playing TCS Nat's out of town and I couldn't make it. Parents were texting about the schedules and fields when they were at the tourney.

I owe a lot of what I know to DFP and other sites for my breadth of knowledge of random softball stuff. Much of it was because starting in DD's 8th grade kids were committing to schools and I felt we were way behind. So I learned as much as could about everything softball on a daily basis. A little at a time. I found that I knew more about TB than families who have been involved 4 years longer than us.

Jun 8, 2016
Wait. I thought you didn't interact with the other parents.

I don't (I haven't gone to a game since March), that is why it is behind my back. I sometimes talk (actually text) to the HC about the teams if he asks and then it gets back to them and/or my DW will say something to them. Also there was another parent like that on the team who I would talk to (who would actually interact)..his kid left though. Regardless, my social skills are not important here :LOL:

I disagree it is a talent..it's just not leaving your kid's development (and your money) in somebody else's hands. In 2022 it isn't that hard to have a clue..

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022
DD played in the Scenic City also (14u team). Saturday they were at Bradley North Park. Not a single coach at that complex, which is understandable since it was all 14u teams at the Bradley North Complex.

They played at Edwards Park on Sunday. There were a lot of coaches at Edwards Park on Sunday. I would say 80% of the coaches at Edwards Park were watching the Birmingham Thunderbolts, Tampa Mustangs, both Beverly Bandit teams. There were probably 50 coaches lined up watching the elimination game were the Bandits were playing the Bandits.

If you were not at Edwards Park, it was probably not the best exposure for your money.

Lol you must be talking out my dds game 2nd yr 16s Holloway that ended up winning the whole thing vs 15u Moran who put up a heck of a fight. It was very intense. Both groups are full of talented players but even Holloways group only has 2 players committed. Feels like the timeline is slowing down even for top teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I disagree it is a talent..it's just not leaving your kid's development (and your money) in somebody else's hands. In 2022 it isn't that hard.

And that applies to a whole lot more than softball. Never ceases to amaze how many parents send their kids off to college and pay little to no attention to their kid's progress until there's a crisis. The financial consequence of a mistake in major / course selection is potentially many times greater than choosing the wrong travel team.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Daughter played for a franchised West coast team. That org had promises that they would not expand to other teams within the area. I was there when it was stated. Within a year there were watered down teams within the same org in our back yard. So, we were lied to. There were so many teams with the same name it was not good. Our org ended up rebranding, which caused heart aches in itself. But I agree, these big franchised teams are not good except for the the guy at the top.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
There is a running joke amongst the parents on DD’s team about me knowing every team we play, regardless of where they are from. They make fun of me for it, usually behind my back..
It's funny how some teams/orgs. Do not use/ believe/allow game changer and other teams not only use it but use player full name, recruit status, and individual stats for anybody and everybody to see.

Jun 8, 2016
It's funny how some teams/orgs. Do not use/ believe/allow game changer and other teams not only use it but use player full name, recruit status, and individual stats for anybody and everybody to see.
Yeah, for the most part I use GC and FB to do my spying..lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA