Losing is good for you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2012
Our team should be feeling great then!

We'll be letting apposing teams know that we're maxed out in the "feeling great" area, and will be working diligently to spread said euphoria around... Do you suppose it would be poor form to hand apposing coaches a copy of the article along with our lineup during the pre-game meeting at homeplate?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We are blessed in GA to have lots of softball teams and various levels of competition. I always get a kick out of teams who are "sandbagging" and the coach brags about winning 6 or 7 tournaments during the season. Teams should strive to play at a level where they win 60+% of their games. If you are winning 75+% you need to play better competition. The best teams in GA play "up" an age level vs. winning all the time.......

Oct 10, 2011
We are blessed in GA to have lots of softball teams and various levels of competition. I always get a kick out of teams who are "sandbagging" and the coach brags about winning 6 or 7 tournaments during the season. Teams should strive to play at a level where they win 60+% of their games. If you are winning 75+% you need to play better competition. The best teams in GA play "up" an age level vs. winning all the time.......
We were under 50% supposedly at 18u Gold. I vote for 18U Plastic this year!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
bth_th4zvcl7k.gif

I've been a loser all my life. Welcome to my world.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
We were under 50% supposedly at 18u Gold. I vote for 18U Plastic this year!

Was the "G" used just to attract kids? The reason I ask is because 1/2 of my team moved up to 18's this year, and we are playing 18A because, to be honest, I can't afford to travel out of State for Gold Tournaments. 2 out of State for A is enough.

Oct 10, 2011
Was the "G" used just to attract kids? The reason I ask is because 1/2 of my team moved up to 18's this year, and we are playing 18A because, to be honest, I can't afford to travel out of State for Gold Tournaments. 2 out of State for A is enough.
You nailed it. We didn't have the pitchers. I'm not sure if we do this year yet, but the cup is half full. DD got a huge amount of fielding experience at third.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing