LL 5'3" Montana pitcher throwing 63....Really?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 15, 2013
The speed of the west pitcher in the senior league game was accurate. it was not changed by espn to make it look faster.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The Montana LL girl being discussed is 16 or 17...not 12
Also, there has been a lot of debate not so long ago about the authenticity of ESPN's radars. Seems like they may cook the calibration a bit to draw in more of an audience. ...

Naw come on. Really????? :cool:

Where is this discussion? Link please. As someone who works for ESPN, I can assure you that ESPN would not condone inaccurate data. What is more likely is that the organization who is running the event has the 'inaccurate' radar.

Watch the final 30 seconds of a broadcast to see who is actually producing the show -- "Produced by ____________, in association with ESPN."
I couldn't find a link. I think it was last year during the WCWS, this forum had some discussion about a few pitchers. They would average 62/63 all season but during the series they miraculously were hitting a consistent 65/66 mph!...
I apologise to for saying ESPN. It could have been CBS or NBC etc... not sure of the station. The point is the same regardless. I believe some stations or producers will "fix" the radars to show a higher speed because speed sells. Your right in saying the "K's" don't lie. But maybe she's getting her K's at 60 and not necessarily 63... JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose