Keeping the Front Shoulder Down during Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I think its on my other PC.. Here is another with both.

IOpYCMi.gif

bOXb6D4.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Valid point. I would like to see some swings on lower pitches to see how she moves.

Here's a pretty good swing on a high pitch. Her coil/load pulls her lead shoulder down and in (front side oblique scrunch), but she definitely has to get the lead shoulder up to adjust to location...

She gives herself a chance because she beats the pitcher to her position of leverage.

zVaAosi.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The vid provided seems like she is late. If you’re late you open early no matter what. Would like to see a few more swings. I suspect a sequential issue is the true cause. I think the engine isn’t quite right. Please post more swings.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It’s also very hard to hit an up and in pitch w an oppo hand path. 2 different lines 2 different paths. Ones short ones a bit longer for timings sake.

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks for all the feedback. She’s typically early on timing even on velocity. First video pitcher was topping out at 58. Same for pitcher in this video. I see the front side leaking open early, not maintaining angles. My camera on my phone is broken lol. Bad angle here

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for all the feedback. She’s typically early on timing even on velocity. First video pitcher was topping out at 58. Same for pitcher in this video. I see the front side leaking open early, not maintaining angles. My camera on my phone is broken lol. Bad angle here

For being early she was able to stay on this pitch nicely..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Was this an inside-ish pitch? Looks to be. To me she is clearing space w her posture a tad early. Intuitively of course. The hands need space to get through. Much like the other vid. Somethings up for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
CB,

As I eluded to before I think there’s either an issue w the hand path or sequence which I truly think is a length of swing issue. She’s basically starting her swing before her front foot gets down. Teach her to get her front foot down before she swings. Learn to throw/whip the barrel via the knob at/after toe touch. That’s how I would teach it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't think Alo is a good example. She hits bombs despite her pelvis tilt is uphill early. I like Maddie's pelvis tilt better. Back hip higher and closer to matching shoulder tilt. Alo's looks like an injury waiting to happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA