Keeping the Front Shoulder Down during Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Not the best video, she comes out of her tilt which you have to do for a high pitch. I think I'm seeing a little bat drag in there. It looks to me like she loses the space between her lead arm bicep and the collar bone which is a symptom of bat drag. Some different video would help clarify what she is doing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don't think she would have a chance on this pitch if her lead shoulder was any lower.

Valid point. I would like to see some swings on lower pitches to see how she moves.

Here's a pretty good swing on a high pitch. Her coil/load pulls her lead shoulder down and in (front side oblique scrunch), but she definitely has to get the lead shoulder up to adjust to location...

Valid point. I would like to see some swings on lower pitches to see how she moves.

Here's a pretty good swing on a high pitch. Her coil/load pulls her lead shoulder down and in (front side oblique scrunch), but she definitely has to get the lead shoulder up to adjust to location...

😲 She absolutely unloaded on that pitch! Has that one come down yet?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

This clip she's abaf.. Shifting into a leveraged position (beating the pitcher to her position) would have helped.

9hUVtxE.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA