"Just High School" DD Brag Posts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I know its just HS, but it is SB and there certainly are brag-worthy highlights that demand to be shared on the DFP forum!

So, I volunteer to start the ball rolling.

My DD's brag worthy highlight from this afternoon's opening day HS game was.......... drum roll please....... she was able to play 6.5 months after ACL surgery! She busted her butt rehabbing every day since the day after surgery to make it happen (her HS team is good by local standards, but has no other experienced catcher) and was cleared by the ortho and PTs for full activity 2.5 weeks ago. She was rusty, but happy as a pig in mud :)and looking forward to being 100% ready for travel ball season :cool:

Anybody else have highlights to share?

(P.S. If you insist on knowing, just for the record, she was 3 for 3, including a fence-rattling triple, no PB/WP, 1/1 thrown out attempting to steal, and had a good slide :eek: to score a run)

Nov 29, 2009
It's nice to hear about an athlete getting back on the field after a setback. Hope she has a good season.

Curious??? How did she hurt the ACL???

Oct 19, 2009
I know its just HS, but it is SB and there certainly are brag-worthy highlights that demand to be shared on the DFP forum!

So, I volunteer to start the ball rolling.

My DD's brag worthy highlight from this afternoon's opening day HS game was.......... drum roll please....... she was able to play 6.5 months after ACL surgery! She busted her butt rehabbing every day since the day after surgery to make it happen (her HS team is good by local standards, but has no other experienced catcher) and was cleared by the ortho and PTs for full activity 2.5 weeks ago. She was rusty, but happy as a pig in mud :)and looking forward to being 100% ready for travel ball season :cool:

Anybody else have highlights to share?

(P.S. If you insist on knowing, just for the record, she was 3 for 3, including a fence-rattling triple, no PB/WP, 1/1 thrown out attempting to steal, and had a good slide :eek: to score a run)

Last weekend I saw a pitcher blow out a knee as she touched home and her cleats slide out from under her, it was early with slick conditions. Wet bases and metal cleats are a recipe for disaster.

Tell you DD GOOD GOING sounds like she is a real trooper!!!!!
:cool:

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
Glad to hear your daughters back.

My DD is a freshman who made the varsity this year. She splits time with a senior and normally has 2 AB a game. Last night game is tied 4-4. My daughter enters game as a Pinch Hitter and leads off in the top of 5th. The field we are playing on is not really a HS field, but in a park and used by mens slow pithc as well, so the fence is 300'. DD goes to full count and fouled off like 4 pitches in a row. Next pitch she flat out hits a bomb to left center and hits the base of the fence. When she looked over at me with that smile and a thumbs up brought a tear to my eye..lol

edit to add, we ended up winning. Next batter hit a single to bring her in, she was the go ahead run

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
WOW, this is good timing for this thread :)

DD is a sophomore starting pitcher on her Varsity team.

1) Friday double header (league games)- 1st game no hits, no walks; the only thing that kept it from being a perfect game was 1 SS error - 2nd game = perfect game.

2) Following Tuesday (2 days ago) her team plays rival league team for the first time. Her team hasn't beat them in 6 years during league play. DD's team wins 2-4; the only player to score from the other team was the leadoff, she scored twice and hit the laces off the ball both times.

Whew, it's fun to brag about HS ball :)

Jan 15, 2009
Under the "I can't believe that just happened" category. 7th grader playing JV for out high school hit a ball over the fence in center for a home run in her second high school at bat. Fun to watch. Great for both her mom and dad that they were there to see it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd