July 1st Came and Went

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
It's a little bit of hype that the "best" players come from California, and all places warm. There are certainly MORE elite players from these areas. Mostly because of the weather, and the popularity of fastpitch in those areas. It's easier for a coach to make one recruiting trip and grab as much talent as possible, than driving all over the place for one or two hear and there. California doesn't have THE best, they just have MORE of the best.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I wonder if the larger universities also, prefer that their athletes come from a large HS, where the coaches are assured that the student can survive in the rat race?

My son that graduated from "podunk" IL. HS, says that his HS education did nothing to prepare him for the University of Chicago. He said that students coming in from the large Cook County schools were much better prepared.

Jul 9, 2010
I think they want to see that you have grades, and that you play good competition in travel ball. I don't think they care a whole lot about your HS other than your GPA.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I think they want to see that you have grades, and that you play good competition in travel ball. I don't think they care a whole lot about your HS other than your GPA.

Good grades=yes
good travel=yes

But it will pay off if your lucky enough to play in a HS program that has sent players off to good college programs in the past. The colleges trust the input from the HS coach, and are more prone to take the drive to see her in action.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy