Is HS ball becoming *BETTER* than TB?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
"long Island u12 travel team looking for players
New u12 team is looking to add 2 dedicated players to our roster. These are a talented, great bunch of girls. We are playing league ball and possibly some tournaments. Smithtown area"
And yet another travel team appears..found this posted on this website

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
ROFL on this topic.

I will have to come back to this one on a regular basis this "spring" for a continual hoot n hollar.

HS state winner last year would get run-ruled by any TB-A team in this state. You have got to be talking lower-level TB-B or C teams.

My point being that the high level national play teams just draw the cream of the crop. Period.

Trying to remember a good IL team we faced - Oak Stars I think was their name. I would love to see the best HS team get schooled by them.

Not in our state and we have some good travel ball. Our high school team over the past 6 years would likely split a series with the states best travel program. A nice percentage of the kids have gone on to play D-1 and D-2 ball and during the season they play/practice 6 days a week. Just 5 years ago a local travel team with players from basically our high school and another finshed #2 ASA 18U nationals in Vegas. Our chief state rival- last years state champ, fields all quality travel players. Most of whom will play college ball with some scholarship cash. Shortstop verballed to Oregon as a Soph. Last years D-2 high school championship team (based on student population) went undefeated and had to take out a pitcher who is a Freshman with University of Tennessee this year. All 7 graduating seniors are playing at good college programs.

It all depends on where you are and how much the community is involved in fastpitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl