illegal pitches?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2021
Also if you understand that the leaping did not lead to the team winning the tournament that will help as well.
Sure it could! Take the illegal pitcher out of the game, and its a whole different scenario. I raced for years, you could do wonders with an high horse illegal engine, as long as nobody cares.

Jun 8, 2016
My view on this is that my main (only) concern (as a parent and not a coach) is my kid's performance...she should care how her team does, I don't have to. If my kid cannot hit a pitcher I am not blaming the pitcher, legal or not. If she cannot hit somebody throwing 60 illegally she won't be able to hit somebody throwing 60 legally..that is how I view it 🤷‍♂️

Dec 6, 2019
so what would it take to get umps to actually enforce the rule(s)
In short, a miracle. Maybe if there were a crackdown at the college level it would trickle down, but I doubt it. The "top" pitchers in our state are almost all crow hoppers. Even at the college level you see teams promoting themselves using photos and videos of their pitchers doing obviously illegal pitches. Nobody cares, except the suckers who pay for pitching lessons and spend time making sure their kids pitch legally.

May 17, 2012
Sure it could! Take the illegal pitcher out of the game, and its a whole different scenario. I raced for years, you could do wonders with an high horse illegal engine, as long as nobody cares.

No. It did not matter. Illegal or legal a kid throwing 60+ at 14u is super talented and is going to beat you either way.

She threw it over the plate and you didn't hit it. End of story.

Jun 20, 2015
go back to a version of illegal pitches being a ball on batter and runners advance one base. And force umpires to call it.

Sep 28, 2021
No. It did not matter. Illegal or legal a kid throwing 60+ at 14u is super talented and is going to beat you either way.

She threw it over the plate and you didn't hit it. End of story.
her "talent" was illegal. Like I previously said when forced to be just somewhat legal, she lost her edge. More balls, and hits given up. Both games I watched were not runaway games, both were low scoring. Defense was great on both teams, so my question was never if one team or the other should have won, but if Umps have anything to enforce other than "illegal pitch, ball!" over and over and over again.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
1. Didn’t most sanctions make leaping legal this year?
2. The advance 1 base was a terrible rule as it mimicked baseball. But the balk in baseball is for
Deceiving the runners, not the batter. The hope was by making the penalty less punitive it would be called more. And if it was being called every 4 pitches or so, that seems to be the case

Jun 20, 2015
1. Didn’t most sanctions make leaping legal this year?
2. The advance 1 base was a terrible rule as it mimicked baseball. But the balk in baseball is for
Deceiving the runners, not the batter. The hope was by making the penalty less punitive it would be called more. And if it was being called every 4 pitches or so, that seems to be the case
no Leaping was not made legal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs