illegal pitches?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2021
Is there ever a limit or consequence for illegal pitches? Can Umps' do anything? At a tournament this past weekend, pitcher was getting called for illegal pitches every three to four pitches (honestly all where illegal), She was leaping if that makes a difference. The team went on to win the tournament with the same girl pitching. I am not a coach, just a dad watching. Seems there should be a clause or a limit to the amount of times you should be able to do things wrong?

Jun 8, 2016
Is there ever a limit or consequence for illegal pitches? Can Umps' do anything? At a tournament this past weekend, pitcher was getting called for illegal pitches every three to four pitches (honestly all where illegal), She was leaping if that makes a difference. The team went on to win the tournament with the same girl pitching. I am not a coach, just a dad watching. Seems there should be a clause or a limit to the amount of times you should be able to do things wrong?
The penalty is a ball. If she was doing it every pitch as you say then that would be a ball every pitch if they were calling it correctly which you would think would get her removed from the game eventually. So the issue is not the actual rule but the enforcement..

Sep 28, 2021
got
The penalty is a ball. If she was doing it every pitch as you say then that would be a ball every pitch if they were calling it correctly which you would think would get her removed from the game eventually. So the issue is not the actual rule but the enforcement..
got it. It was every pitch, but some worse than others. Must have been a UMP didnt want to make waves things, or he seen it differently than every one else.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Interesting concept to have a limit on illegal pitch calls. What would that be?

BTW
Can still hit pitches
even if there illegal.

So her illegal pitching is not why they won the tournament.

Dec 6, 2019
You'll find a lot more peace if you just go into the game with the assumption that the umpires don't know the rules concerning illegal pitches (apart from hands together). If they don't know the rules, they're not going to call them. Just accept it. If you have low enough expectations, you just might be pleasantly surprised!

Sep 28, 2021
Interesting concept to have a limit on illegal pitch calls. What would that be?

BTW
Can still hit pitches
even if there illegal.

So her illegal pitching is not why they won the tournament.
I agree somewhat. But I can tell you, when she did try to be legal, she threw balls, missed spots and walked a few and kids got some hits. When she was illegal, 60 plus mph fastballs all day long at 14u level. I just think all should have to adhere to the rules and I like consequences, but thats just me.

Sep 28, 2021
You'll find a lot more peace if you just go into the game with the assumption that the umpires don't know the rules concerning illegal pitches (apart from hands together). If they don't know the rules, they're not going to call them. Just accept it. If you have low enough expectations, you just might be pleasantly surprised!
aint that the truth...lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13