Identifying Bats in the Super Regionals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
What's the difference?? 50 dollars, apparently. :)

Excerpt from an email from a Louisville Bat Rep ....."The new oneX bat will feature the T2 technology in the transition area that will strengthen the link between the barrel and handle. This T2 will increase the stiffness of the transition which will give the oneX even more trampoline spring off the barrel and even less vibration on contact. The barrel of the oneX will feature the same revolutionary technology as the Xeno with the inner discs"

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Excerpt from an email from a Louisville Bat Rep ....."The new oneX bat will feature the T2 technology in the transition area that will strengthen the link between the barrel and handle. This T2 will increase the stiffness of the transition which will give the oneX even more trampoline spring off the barrel and even less vibration on contact. The barrel of the oneX will feature the same revolutionary technology as the Xeno with the inner discs"

If the current Xeno is already at the limit of the 'trampoline effect' allowed by the ASA standards, how can the oneX offer more?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The Seton Hall coach had a couple of the Louisville One X bats last week. They don't sound like the broken glass like the Xeno and the little connector in the middle is different which she said the Xeno had issues with. Sounded unique but not broken. That appears to be what the Pirates will use for 2013.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
The Seton Hall coach had a couple of the Louisville One X bats last week. They don't sound like the broken glass like the Xeno and the little connector in the middle is different which she said the Xeno had issues with. Sounded unique but not broken. That appears to be what the Pirates will use for 2013.

DD'd team also swinging Louisville bats. They've been swinging the 2013 xeno's and onex's this fall. Seems most of the players liked the feel and new grip on the onex's, but durability may be a challenge on the onex - several of the onex demos cracked or snapped.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
If I see the Seton Hall coach this week I'll ask her how they are holding up. Longevity might be a different story if your 14-16U DD is hitting with one vs 5 or 6 college girls hitting one every day.

Jun 21, 2010
From Mizuno's Facebook post:

"We are thrilled to announce the Nebraska Huskers Softball team has renewed their contract with Mizuno for multiple years. They utilize our bats, bags, protective, helmets and custom fielders gloves. Glad to have you part of the Mizuno Family!"

I sometimes wonder about the Mizuno bats. I've only seen two girls use them and one was a local HS pitcher who is now playing for Uconn. She hit alot of homeruns with that bat.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
From Mizuno's Facebook post:

"We are thrilled to announce the Nebraska Huskers Softball team has renewed their contract with Mizuno for multiple years. They utilize our bats, bags, protective, helmets and custom fielders gloves. Glad to have you part of the Mizuno Family!"

I sometimes wonder about the Mizuno bats. I've only seen two girls use them and one was a local HS pitcher who is now playing for Uconn. She hit alot of homeruns with that bat.

The Whiteout seems to be a big improvement over the Frenzy. Waiting to hear more feedback

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad