I gave in and bought a chest protector

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What I love, is when a dad walks up in Bermuda shorts and flip flips and wants to know if he can help catch. "Sure, go ahead."

Mar 26, 2011
My DD speed and confidence has improved since I got catcher's gear. It seems she was always worried about me getting hurt, I got the hint from her Pitching Coach.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
My DD speed and confidence has improved since I got catcher's gear. It seems she was always worried about me getting hurt, I got the hint from her Pitching Coach.

I know that many bucket sitters' enjoy the quality time spent catching their DD pitchers, but I think that most likely are holding back even if crazy mom/dad are wearing gear. There comes a time when DD is better off throwing to a real catcher, not a person who catches, and particularly not a person who catches sitting on a bucket.

Jun 21, 2010
I know that many bucket sitters' enjoy the quality time spent catching their DD pitchers, but I think that most likely are holding back even if crazy mom/dad are wearing gear. There comes a time when DD is better off throwing to a real catcher, not a person who catches, and particularly not a person who catches sitting on a bucket.

Sure, it would be great to have a real catcher at every pitching lesson and practice but a lot of times that's not possible. I don't catch my daughter because I want to. (Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it.) I catch her because a lot of times there isn't another catcher available. Honestly, I'd rather be watching her pitch and talking to the instructor about what she's doing right and wrong and what she needs to work on. I can't watch and catch at the same time, I'm not that good.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Sure, it would be great to have a real catcher at every pitching lesson and practice but a lot of times that's not possible. I don't catch my daughter because I want to. (Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it.) I catch her because a lot of times there isn't another catcher available. Honestly, I'd rather be watching her pitch and talking to the instructor about what she's doing right and wrong and what she needs to work on. I can't watch and catch at the same time, I'm not that good.

We're on the same page as I understand that this more often than not is the reality. Just saying that when they get to a certain level, they may hold back a little unless they have a real catcher. AND, just as importantly, there's not a catcher out there who couldn't stand more practice or least become more familiar with their pitchers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan