I do believe we are in BIG trouble.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
I always found it interesting how JV suddenly matters at the end of the season.

Hope you have a great program and not just a great team. Good luck GD!

-W

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I always found it interesting how JV suddenly matters at the end of the season.

Hope you have a great program and not just a great team. Good luck GD!

-W

You're 100% right Star. That's why we practice JV right along side the varsity. When the opportunity comes up JV players get to enter the varsity game to get the "feel". Look what happened to us, 2 of our best defensive players hurt. Not only that but one was our stolen base leader and the other had the 2nd best BA and most RBI's on the team.

No one we have can replace them ( at this time ) but they have helped develope the freshman and sophomore who took their spot. And right now im dang glad they have been working with them. Maybe in 2 years they will be "just as good" or even better.

Had a man at work ask me today what was the difference in the two we lost and the replacements. ( he didn't sound very ball savy ) I told him the replacements are good players, they will make the routine plays and get the out. The two we lost make the "WOW" plays along with the routine, they can still fire the ball from their knees, and make double plays look easy. Told him those "wow" plays are very important.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Cool...Was there any surprise clutch plays standingout from the players with the new opportunities ?

No great defensive plays, this was more of a slug fest offensive game, you just hoped the batted ball found a hole. I did see something I've never seen before in the playoffs, 4 homeruns in one game. Guess that was worth $5 to see. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl