I do believe we are in BIG trouble.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
SS found out this week she's done, got some hip issues and looks like surgery. Last night our starting 3b ( who was filling in as SS ) broke her hand while a girl slid into second. That's going to hurt big time on of left side infield. No one close has the range and arms of these two.

Mostly I hate it for the girls, to have worked so hard to reach where we as a team are now, and an injury take that away. I'm really not sure what ( or who ) I would move into those spots as replacements. There are decent options, but then that leaves other "holes" on the field. Guess we shall see in a few hours, have our first district playoff game tonight.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
That might suck, good luck to the girls!!!

It may work out just fine too... 2 years ago, DD's HS team made playoffs. The school scheduled the senior trip during the same week as playoffs and all of the seniors were going and would miss the semi-finals and championships if they got that far. Coach took a chance on a couple of kids and they helped the team make it to the championship game. They did lose that game but it wasn't because of the replacements. late in a 0-0 game my DD pitcher left a fat one over the plate and the hitter put a 2 run shot over the fence, final score 2-0.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Tell your DD to pitch everyone outside and hope they hit everything to the right side of the infield!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
What JAD said. I was just coming back to post that. Will be challenging to do against slappers though...althought if you have strong LF...they may be able to pick up slack...

Edited to add...hope they don't show how vulnerable they are! And hopefully where they lack defense, they will make up in offense!

You will definitely have to come back and update how they did. :)

Oct 10, 2011
Good luck Goingdeep! Injuries Stink! We still have a few more weeks before DD can go all out on the field.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
What JAD said. I was just coming back to post that. Will be challenging to do against slappers though...althought if you have strong LF...they may be able to pick up slack...

Edited to add...hope they don't show how vulnerable they are! And hopefully where they lack defense, they will make up in offense!

You will definitely have to come back and update how they did. :)

We won, but it was ugly. Fields are really funny dimension wise. 200 RF and prob 180 from CF to LF. Our game between the two teams had 4 go yard.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl