HS Softball Started

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
Our numbers are up for the last 2 years. We will have 2 or 3 seniors and maybe 3 juniors. 10-12 sophomores and guessing 10 or so freshman. Looks to be a decent size class coming in next year also. We do apparently have a senior who has never stepped foot on a softball field prior to this year's try out. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Our school generally treats seniors like royalty.

May 20, 2015
haven't seen our numbers yet......enrollment for our HS is about 253......I expect 14-18 girls to come out, we'll piece together a JV schedule

we return 8 of 9 starters from a 20-0 state title team.......have won 56 straight

i expect, barring injury and acts of god, that we will be in the state final again.......i see one game on the schedule that has a chance at being a loss (assuming we don't crap the bad in the others).......i would not be surprised to see the state final at 19-0 again

so we're kind of ready to go

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
haven't seen our numbers yet......enrollment for our HS is about 253......I expect 14-18 girls to come out, we'll piece together a JV schedule

we return 8 of 9 starters from a 20-0 state title team.......have won 56 straight

i expect, barring injury and acts of god, that we will be in the state final again.......i see one game on the schedule that has a chance at being a loss (assuming we don't crap the bad in the others).......i would not be surprised to see the state final at 19-0 again

How the heck do you get that many girls for softball with such a low enrollment? We have about 750 kids in the HS, and we are lucky to get 14 girls for softball. But, we get 45 for lacrosse.

We are supposed to start in 10 days, but my daughter has expressed that she's not playing HS ball this year. While I will be very disappointed, I can't blame her. The coach overused her last year causing her summer and fall recruiting seasons to be ruined.

Jun 20, 2015
How the heck do you get that many girls for softball with such a low enrollment? We have about 750 kids in the HS, and we are lucky to get 14 girls for softball. But, we get 45 for lacrosse.

We are supposed to start in 10 days, but my daughter has expressed that she's not playing HS ball this year. While I will be very disappointed, I can't blame her. The coach overused her last year causing her summer and fall recruiting seasons to be ruined.
should have put your foot somewhere to prevent the overuse. 'call in sick' if you will.

May 20, 2015

all of our athletes are still 2&3 sport athletes, so that helps

we're in the next to last year run of parens who were super involved, so numbers have been strong......we only have a handful of freshman coming in; we have built good MS numbers, but we will have a lot of work to do to build up any sort of talent

we have two pitchers this year, one very good, one very solid......we have at least 2 to develop, maybe 3......this team will be solid enough to make a strong run next year, then we'll see some lean years

our school fields a small but competitive track team (probably 10-15 girls?) and a solid tennis team (another 8-10 girls), plus a small number that co-op with another school for lacrosse

• The way players carry themselves during tryouts screams as to what is in store for coaches during HS season. For example, one young lady was in the cage and she had swung and missed perhaps 12-15 balls from a machine at 55 mph. I asked her if she realized how she was missing the ball. (She was swinging under every ball.) Her response was that she has a hitting coach whom she is supposed to listen to and not the HS coaches. OK well, that won't go well. When every other player is killing the "meat pitch" and you can't hit one foul ball, you might be in real trouble.
8hhyre.jpg

Aug 1, 2019
MN

Color me jealous.

May 20, 2015
Color me jealous.

it's been a silly run.......realistically the COVID year we lost could have been another state title year, albeit not likely an undefeated one

if everything fell into place this year, DD2 could finish 76-0 with 4 titles (she's the only one to start all 56 games of the current streak)

Class C Maine is not exactly the pinnacle of the softball world, but we do ok.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00