How many games/ at-bats has your DD had this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
TB 102 games - 316 PA / 263 AB's .337 AVE
HS 30 games - 84 PA / 73 AB's .354 AVE

only 7 games this fall....as we missed some of the fall season going deep in the HS playoffs (we won it!)

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
TB 102 games - 316 PA / 263 AB's .337 AVE
HS 30 games - 84 PA / 73 AB's .354 AVE

only 7 games this fall....as we missed some of the fall season going deep in the HS playoffs (we won it!)

Congrats on the state title! That's a lot of at-bats, more than many MLB players. :) She obviously had more than 100 hits this season. You should've had the ball saved and signed for that milestone. Not many kids will hit 100 in a year.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
thanks for the post, I hadn't added up everything. for all 3 seasons including h.s.:
99 games 197 AB/89 H .451 B.A.
164 IP 271 Ks 30-10 W-L on the mound

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
I never really kept up with things but here goes a close estimate:
Rec/Allstars-20 games, and 38 plate attempts
Travel Ball-SI Dirt Dawgs(10u)-27 games, and 43 plate Attempts
Southern Express(10u)-24g, and 45 pa
West Frankfort Xplosion(12u)-25g, and 47pa
Downstate Rippers(Red)(12u)-20g, and 31pa
For an estimated total of116 games and 204 plate attempts.

Apr 11, 2012
Congrats on the state title! That's a lot of at-bats, more than many MLB players. :) She obviously had more than 100 hits this season. You should've had the ball saved and signed for that milestone. Not many kids will hit 100 in a year.

thank you very much! those are alot of PA's and AB's for sure and we shut all the players down till January....also sorry, I was a couple of percentages off on the AVE. tough, as I went by memory, (89 hits in 263 AB for .338 and 26 hits in 73 AB for .356)....as for the 100 hit plateau....it just never occurred to me so thanks for bringing it to my attention, as it is quite a feat now that I think about it....of course as an AC on the TB team, I would have told her she should have had #100 before HS ball started....

the girls aren't quite up to the starting MLBers, who get more than 500 AB's in a season (you have to have 502 to win a batting title), and I'm sure there are quite a few on this board that will say "that's just too many PA's for a 16 YO"....and wonder myself sometimes too...but didn't show any signs of fatigue in 7 games last weekend in Atlanta.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
... I'm sure there are quite a few on this board that will say "that's just too many PA's for a 16 YO"....and wonder myself sometimes too...but didn't show any signs of fatigue in 7 games last weekend in Atlanta.

Some kids just want to play. I've got no problem with that. Last week, our team got a pickup player who is buddies with half of our players, and she had just come off four or five straight weekends of playing, mostly showcase, but that's what she loves to do. She wants to play with us again this weekend. My DD couldn't handle that. She could play two tournaments a month for 12 months, but doesn't like them back-to-back.

As for 100, I thought of that because my daughter got to 100 hits as a North Carolina resident last weekend. We moved about 16-17 months ago. So it wasn't a calendar year. But I just happened to notice she was sitting on 98 going into the tournament. She gave that look like, 'Dang, that's a lot of hits,' and 'Dang, my dad's crazy if he keeps up with that.' :)

Apr 11, 2012
Some kids just want to play. I've got no problem with that. Last week, our team got a pickup player who is buddies with half of our players, and she had just come off four or five straight weekends of playing, mostly showcase, but that's what she loves to do. She wants to play with us again this weekend. My DD couldn't handle that. She could play two tournaments a month for 12 months, but doesn't like them back-to-back.

As for 100, I thought of that because my daughter got to 100 hits as a North Carolina resident last weekend. We moved about 16-17 months ago. So it wasn't a calendar year. But I just happened to notice she was sitting on 98 going into the tournament. She gave that look like, 'Dang, that's a lot of hits,' and 'Dang, my dad's crazy if he keeps up with that.' :)

LOL.....that's awesome! and although my DD isn't begging to play extra, as we play 3 out 4 weeksend for 4 months straight, then Nationals, then the 2 month HS season and three more weeksends in the fall).....she never complains and sure is proud when we earn some hardware....but mostly congrats to your DD on getting to the 100 hit mark....and you are right, that's pretty tough thing to do for a kid. Last year my DD had about the same number of AB's and games.....but my stat thing was for her to get to the 100+ RBI mark (summer TB 65 RBI / HS 27RBI / fall TB 9 RBI)....I was pretty excited to see her make it....but the 100 hit plateau is really tough for sure and thanks for bringing it up....it's an important stat.

Dec 20, 2011
108 games, 289 AB's + BB's, between spring/summer and fall TB. Not sure how many sac bunts and sac flies. I would say around 300 plate apperances. She also missed 2 tournaments with a broken thumb. All at 10u here in Fresno, CA. It will be more in 2014, as she will be old enough to play school ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah