How important is the bat actually?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
You be surprised the amount of money parents spend on bats at 8U.
Actually, most of us wouldn't be surprised at all as we are veterans of the softball journey and are very aware of the idiocy of 8u travel ball parents. More than half of those girls won't even be playing softball in 2-3 years but right now their parents think they are the next Alo. They have no problem spending 3 days of after tax pay on a bat that will give their DD an extra 7 foot on a barreled-up ball. It's hilarious to watch from afar.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
This past year encountered parents who bought their daughter a $500 bat. But would not implement any guidance of her practicing with it.

Maybe that's the new age parenting Style 🤷‍♀️ spend spend spend instead of parent parent parent...

Used to be more so as kids, didn't get the big fancy shiny toy unless as a kid you were exhibiting enthusiasm that warranted the application of spending money.

Jul 1, 2022
Plenty of parents have more money than time (for their kids).

So they pay for top of the line equipment but don't help their child learn to take advantage of it.

It is sort of an arms race. Parents see other kids with composite bats blast the ball out of the infield and think to themselves thats what their daughter needs as well. But what they don't see is that kid practicing hard at home everyday to have a good enough swing to take advantage of that bat.

Kids are also smart and don't want to feel they're taking a knife into a gunfight. In all star ball here everyone rocks a composite bat, they just sound different. Even if it doesn't make a huge difference in performance, the belief that it does can impact how girls swing. Parents are paying for confidence as much as performance.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2019
No offense. But when a coach tells me my 8 year old needs a multi hundred dollar bat is the day I question his ability to improve my dd via coaching.
Why not? He probably spent a proportional amount of money to lease the name, "E.C. Bullets" for the 8U team. He wants them to look high speed. 😁

Aug 5, 2022
Good hitters are good hitters. They will hit the ball further with certain batters and depending on the size and strength of the hitter might make a difference if it turns 210 into 225 or 190 into 205 but there aren’t extra points for distance once it’s over the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoCoBomber