How Critical is Brush

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
During some practice I think DD is getting it. Then on other days it's a wet sandwich. On those days we pack it up and go to Dairy Queen. She 10 y/o now.

Hmm...

You don't want to try the "yell louder and make her understand" method? It's cheaper.

Jul 14, 2018
Great stuff in here. When I first discovered DFP I spent a few weeks working backwards through the pitching threads, I don't remember reading this, but it could have just been due to information overload.

Thanks @Crystal Brown for the bump!

Feb 25, 2020
Ken,

I've seen this thread a few times but this time the "move the body/hip towards the arm" idea seems to making alot of sense...Thank you!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Good posture and whip almost always result in good brush. For those who still struggle with getting brush, the effort put in is well worth it. Any student I have ever worked with has found improved control, spin and often speed with better brush.

Sep 30, 2013
Northwest, IN
4D Motion now showing data as to why brush is important! In case that doesn't sell ya, forearm acceleration, a consistent release. Not to mention how it aleviates the stress in the shoulder - ligaments, tendons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying