High School bat size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Yeah I am kicking myself for getting my DD a 2012 CF5 31/20 (she is 13 and 5ft2in 100lbs) she could have easily swung a 32/22 but live and learn, made the mistake of having her swing other bats to see how they felt and she thought the 22 felt heavy but the CF5 is weighted so differently it feels much lighter.

In high school I think 32/22 (probably smaller girls), 33/23 (average) and 34/24 (bigger power hitting girls) sounds about right. Echoing what others have said grade level means nothing it is all about their size and ability to generate bat speed while maintaining proper mechanics.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
My DD is a 7th grader, but at approx 5'4" 140, she looks a lot like some of the shorter HS girls. She is swinging a 32/22. I imagine she might be in a 33" by high school, but who knows. As the others have said, it really depends upon the individual girl.

Mar 11, 2009
My DD 14u team has a couple girls 5'4" to 5'6", @120lbs swinging 33/23 Eastons. One is a slapper and one is a righty. Both girls have very good short compact swings. Eastons are known to run heavier than sticker too, an ounce or more!! So it all depends on the kids swing mechanics.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Tks every one,
I have a 34 24 easton, i bought last year so we'll experiment with it , go from there. As i mentioned i bought it in place of a donut or sleeve , but was never used. Mechanics first however.

Do you all have qualified coaches on hitting or do you do it yourself or get private lessons or all of the preceding You might understand why i am asking.

tks..

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
My 14YO DD is 5'4" 146 pounds and she swings a 32-22 . She is a pretty strong girl with decent mechanics . Her TB team has several batting coaches they work with over the winter and her mechanics are getting better all the time . She has a old Rockettech 32-23 she swings very well but it doesn't have near the cool factor her Demarini does (someone needs to talk to them about their graphics ... LOL) so it doesn't get a lot of play unless its cold out .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl