Haley’s HLP lesson with Richard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California

[/QUOTE]

Here is my student Ashley, with a walking cast on. Some of her best swings because she couldn’t weight her front leg very much. Leveraging the front foot is now how this swing works. You leverage in the rear leg. If you don’t understand this you swing will struggle and nothing you can do will correct it until you move weight off the front foot. A lot of people will argue over this but again this swing is not like the way they swing.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Here is my student Ashley, with a walking cast on. Some of her best swings because she couldn’t weight her front leg very much. Leveraging the front foot is now how this swing works. You leverage in the rear leg. If you don’t understand this you swing will struggle and nothing you can do will correct it until you move weight off the front foot. A lot of people will argue over this but again this swing is not like the way they swing.

[/QUOTE]

I know Rich's one legged pattern works, but why not be athletic before swinging ?The best hitters get there dynamically to then swing.. Allows you to stay through the ball while swinging "down to".

dN5sXbr.gif

U4wNmhw.png

XHSjeFP.gif

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
There’s probably more ways to teach hitting as there are stars in the sky. The hang up is when people are teaching their way and it doesn’t line up with this way. That’s ok, but quit trying to put a square peg in a round hole. This is taught and executed different than other swings.

100% true. DD is older and has a well established swing taught from a completely perspective. It might be great for someone just learning, but I wouldn't go near her with this.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I want to share , with those that are interested in the HLP Haley’s lesson with Richard. After I’m done posting the lesson and videos, we can cover specific question someone might have. At this point , please, I’m not debating another method. It gets really confusing to follow. DTS, thanks for your understanding and always great and thought provoking questions.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Up to this point, the focus has been on the swing and the mechanics of the swing.

Now we have to hit the ball

You can get fixated on the swing and not move forward. The swing is a consistent work in progress. These drills are designed to help you hit with these swing mechanics.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
The goal is to be ready to swing right out of the pitchers hand. Remember he’s a baseball guy so no windmill pitch from him. Here he explains the drill and walks them through it then he’ll use a pitching machine to practice being ready to swing out of the pitchers hand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors