Go dodgers !!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I'm pulling for the A's but DW is a Dodger fan so if the A's can't win it, I'm with you.

Loved those bunt attempts by Uribe. They were some of the most pathetic attempts I've seen at bunting in a while.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Yes it was!

What do you think about the argument right now that both coaches outcoached themselves and Mattingly just got lucky? This is about the decisive 8th inning at-bat for Uribe. Nobody out, fast runner on 2nd, down 1, and Mattingly chooses to have Uribe try to bunt Puig over to 3rd to set up a sacrifice situation. Meanwhile, Gonzalez has arguably the best closer in the game at the moment warming up, facing playoff elimination, up 1, tying run at 2nd and winning run at the plate. His closer had told him he wanted the ball if they got to the 7th and were in a close game. Instead he left the other pitcher in who had just given up a solid hit and appeared rattled. Gonzalez later said he didn't want to have his closer have to get 6 outs, possibly looking ahead to Game 5. Well, we know how it turned out, Uribe failed on his bunt attempts, and then drove one into the Dodgers' bullpen.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
I'm pulling for the A's but DW is a Dodger fan so if the A's can't win it, I'm with you.

Loved those bunt attempts by Uribe. They were some of the most pathetic attempts I've seen at bunting in a while.

I was just thinking about that, wondering if he had a sliver of reluctance to lay down better bunts and wasn't upset in the slightest when he found himself in an 0-2 count and needing to swing. Naahhhh... a hardened veteran would never do something like that, right?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
He's a bad bunter and a free swinger. I didn't have an issue with him being asked to sac in that situation but I'm not surprised by the results of his bunt attempts either.

As to not going to Kimbrel in the 8th facing elimination with Tuesday off, that was criminal mismanegment.

I think the SL manager got lucky going to Gonzalez in the 8th instead of Rosenthal in a similar situation.