Glove relacing or tightening

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2016
Is this something I can youtube and get done without too much hassle? the laces are loose and I am not exactly sure how to get them tightened correctly. Would prefer to relace while I am at it. or is relacing a bigger project not meant for newbies? it is a Vinci BV1929. If I cannot tackle I guess I will need to search around for a local expert. I want to make sure it is done correctly. Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Search Dirty 30 and Dan Davis on YouTube. Both guys are excellent!

Where do you live? Well actually that doesn’t matter, if you decide you need a full re-lace I can give you two names & numbers of two guys you can ship your glove to.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
@ANNASDAD and/or @Drakemir probably have the best info on this.

I've done a little bit of relacing and it's not particularly difficult if you have the proper tools and general mechanical sensibility.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Knowing Vinci’s lace, you should go ahead and re-lace the web, the web spiral, and the fingertips. I’d bet that’s all it needs.

You can more than likely handle that yourself.

Jan 29, 2016
Search Dirty 30 and Dan Davis on YouTube. Both guys are excellent!

Where do you live? Well actually that doesn’t matter, if you decide you need a full re-lace I can give you two names & numbers of two guys you can ship your glove to.
Central Valley of CA. how long should she expect to be without the glove?

Jan 29, 2016
@ANNASDAD and/or @Drakemir probably have the best info on this.

I've done a little bit of relacing and it's not particularly difficult if you have the proper tools and general mechanical sensibility.
Thanks. Mechanical sensibility yes or maybe depends on who you ask. I do not have the proper tools at this time

May 23, 2015
I prefer Tandy tools

Oct 26, 2019
Just follow the old lace as you undo it with the new lace. It’s pretty easy that way. Get the needle type relacing kit - way easier then the “pull through” type. You can do it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06