Glove maintenance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Those are hog hair brushes from the ball players balm website
How does that Ball Players Balm conditioner smell? I've been meaning to try some, problem is I have 2 full bottles of Lexol and 2 full bottles of Surf City Voodoo! Heard nothing but excellent things about it though!

Nov 8, 2020
Anyone use the perfekpoket for their dd gloves?
I make my own wraps that I try to give away with my service (I say try because right now I'm a little behind on wrap production)
I buy 4" wide elastic banding (the Rawlings wraps are 3" wide, you can use that to, its easier to find) then I cut the strips of elastic banding in 14.25" pieces and sew the ends together. I had been hand sewing them together but that takes 10-15.mins per band and now that I'm servicing 15-20 gloves a week I haven't been able to find the time to sew them. Probably need a sewing machine (or a wife) to get caught up.
When I was vending at events (back when they had events in California) I had hooked up with a guy who made something called a Glove Keeper. It was 2 balls that were held together with a dowel and then had elastic cord. That was attached. The two balls went in to the web of the glove and the elastic cord came.through the web and wrapped around the glove. Sold out of them, I may have one laying in the kids room or the glove room though, ill look for it when I get home today

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

May 7, 2015
SoCal
How does that Ball Players Balm conditioner smell? I've been meaning to try some, problem is I have 2 full bottles of Lexol and 2 full bottles of Surf City Voodoo! Heard nothing but excellent things about it though!

The conditioner has no smell.. the cleaner, however, smells divine!!!

Nov 8, 2020
The conditioner has no smell.. the cleaner, however, smells divine!!!
The cleaner used to be called "Calming Cleanser" as it has citrus and lavender oils in it. It smells great.

There used to be a company called 2BWax that had the best smelling leather conditioner I've ever found but I don't know if they're still around

Nov 8, 2020
can anyone reccomend a good relacing service? thought this would be appropriate thread, not trying to hijack. DDs new mitt is just about game ready, so need to investigate getting old one relaced (pretty good shape really). since this is for backup, super quick turnaround is not needed, just quality work. will need black laces
I can do it. DM me.
My restoration includes
Cleaning and conditioning the leather and logos
Cleaning, deodorizing and oiling the hand and finger stalls
Palm adhesive
Relacing in any color
Reshaping
Collage 2021-02-25 01_45_45.jpgView attachment 21218Collage 2021-02-01 23_09_56.jpg
bb4c85cb16bef2f0064b66714ada2998.jpg
5f65f23ed6a39a0672d7a7ba6489e343.jpg

Nov 8, 2020
I just checked again and amazon has it in stock... Give it a try
Tractor Supply Co. and Tandy Leather both carry the Fiebing's Golden Mink oil. I probably should stop giving up the secrets I've learned in 15+ years of doing gloves. Even the other glove guys I talk to thank me for the Fiebing's Mink Oil tio

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The cleaner used to be called "Calming Cleanser" as it has citrus and lavender oils in it. It smells great.

There used to be a company called 2BWax that had the best smelling leather conditioner I've ever found but I don't know if they're still around

A couple of members over at SBF really talked about and liked 2BWax!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I can do it. DM me.

Do you use anything mechanical to scrub the leather with the cleaner? OMG, the amount of elbow grease with the little brush is crazy! The pics you attached are amazing... I have some wilsons sitting around that I need to get that pocket adhesive stain out.. That must be brutal.

How wet is the leather getting when you're cleaning the individual sections? Thanks in advance! - E

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying