Full academic scholly to first choice school

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 1 just found out. Admitted to Wisconsin. Full academic scholly pays tuition and fees. Not room and board. That is her first choice school. All her hard work in HS paid off

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Congrats to you and the family. As much as my DD wants to play SB in college, I'd rather have a full academic ride for my DD than an athletic one. That way, if she chooses not to continue on the athletic path through college to focus on a future career through her studies, she wouldn't have to depend on the athletic money. Once again, congratulations! I can't think of a better Christmas present!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I can't think of a better Christmas present!

That's what I said when I called up my mother to give the good news.

To clear up a little confusion I saw in a PM, please note that DD 1 no longer plays SB anymore. Some of her coaches said she had to talent to be a D-1 walk on, with her speed and hitting. She quit her 16U TB team over the winter of her freshman year, and vowed never to play softball again. Then, she picked up her bat and glove and played on her school's freshman team, leading the team in hits, home runs, and stolen bases. She claims to still have scars from those stolen bases, but she got in a bike accident a few weeks after the season ended. She got into a summer program that had the potential to get her a full ride to UW if she finished the program AND graduated from HS in Wisconsin AND got accepted to UW. About half the kids who enter that program wind up with full rides to UW. It took a lot of her time in the summer, so she couldn't have done TB and this program at the same time. That made her old TB coach feel less bad about her quitting softball. Her old TB coach is now working with her HS SB program, but she isn't part of it. DD 3 does work with DD 1's old TB coach, mostly for pitching.

In case you are wondering, my DD 2 never played organized softball. Practicing with her sisters, it didn't take long for DD 2 to realize she was a relative klutz. I tried to get DD 2 to play rec ball, maybe on the same team as DD 3, but she didn't want people comparing her to her sisters. I guess I can understand. Imagine you are a young girl, playing rec ball for the first time. You are probably not as bad a klutz as you think, and you are probably the fastest girl on your team, but your YOUNGER sister is the star of the team while you are just learning. Poor DD 2 never took that chance. Since I am a complete klutz myself, DD 1 always claims I favor DD 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet