DD Has Committed!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I also bet your dd received a pretty nice academic scholarship from her college to be! Most of those Centennial schools offer very nice merit awards - pretty difficult to turn them down if the academics and athletics are a nice fit.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I also bet your dd received a pretty nice academic scholarship from her college to be! Most of those Centennial schools offer very nice merit awards - pretty difficult to turn them down if the academics and athletics are a nice fit.
Definitely could not afford it otherwise...and can't really afford it still. For those still a few years away from all this, all I can say is Brace for Impact. These college tuition expenses will turn your hair white.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Definitely could not afford it otherwise...and can't really afford it still. For those still a few years away from all this, all I can say is Brace for Impact. These college tuition expenses will turn your hair white.
It's funny you mention costs. As many of you know, I conduct financial aid nights across NY. I was cleaning up an old computer for disposal two years ago when I came across an old piece of software I used to calculate aid packages. The last time it was updated was 2001, about 20 years old, but the cost differences were staggering. Harvard had $37,000 per year total cost. Now, it's pushing $85,000. That's an increase of 4.25% every year.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018

Yup, it can be like $5,000 per year!!!!

Jun 7, 2016
These college tuition expenses will turn your hair white.
To those that can see the train's headlite in the distance, make the school's finaid calculator your best friend. I found it to be remarkably accurate when compared to the final offers when my 2 DD when thru application process. Remember, like tax planning, follow the rules but you owe them no extra. First year is prior prior tax returns. If you have ability to accelerate income or alter your asset structure, do it before the appropriate tax year. But the colleges have this unique ability to squeeze just enough so you might vomit, so prepare as best you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles