Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
please show us a student of yours doing it the ‘right’ way Shawn. Or even your own personal swing will suffice.

My kids work on pitching mostly. They are the pitchers for their team. We are just starting to work on hitting more and will continue into the summer after the season. So, we will have time to work on hitting only. I also wanted to make sure I understood everything before trying to teach the HLP.

Oct 2, 2017
You agree that the "floating" of the hands up and or back should occur against the rear leg "during" or simultaneous with the forward move, correct?

So in a sense wasn't 24 doing that? If he was lat he probably would have been fooled a lot more. Seems he was making an adjustment #28 was clearing not fooled and was completely on time. IMO opinion to know for sure for #24 is to see one when is on time.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You agree that the "floating" of the hands up and or back should occur against the rear leg "during" or simultaneous with the forward move, correct?

So in a sense wasn't 24 doing that? If he was lat he probably would have been fooled a lot more. Seems he was making an adjustment

Exactly! My two shortest posts, 🥎

Jun 8, 2016

So in a sense wasn't 24 doing that? If he was lat he probably would have been fooled a lot more. Seems he was making an adjustment #28 was clearing not fooled and was completely on time.
He certainly could have been fooled. Easier to see what @Work=wins is saying in the gifs in post #48. Look at the amount of time between when Sanchez gets his hands back and when he slots compared to Posey.

Oct 2, 2017
He certainly could have been fooled. Easier to see what @Work=wins is saying in the gifs in post #48. Look at the amount of time between when Sanchez gets his hands back and when he slots compared to Posey.

I see what your saying. but Sanchez, has a lower handset that Posey at least at that phase of the swing the gif starts. So his hands have to "float" to a greater degree, if that makes sense. Again I think to be sure of Sanchez, we would need to see him on a properly timed pitch.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
please show us a student of yours doing it the ‘right’ way Shawn. Or even your own personal swing will suffice.

My swing progression from the big muscles do all the work to the hands control the swing.

Jun 8, 2016
I see what your saying. but Sanchez, has a lower handset that Posey. So his hands have to "float" to a greater degree, if that makes sense. Again I think to be sure of Sanchez, we would need to see him on a properly timed pitch.
Yeah I don't know. I will let @Work=wins explain himself because I may have botched what he was saying but to me Sanchez just looks rushed compared to Posey from a purely qualitative, what my eye sees, perspective :LOL:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32