Flying and softball equipment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
My DD flew cross country to play in a tournament in LA and we were worried about the same thing. Like others said, the carry on bag had the crucial things. The bat, no matter how "great" it is, just isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Anyhow, we had no issues with it. Let's face it, the TSA idiots don't know a baseball or softball bat is worth 400 bucks. It's just a bat.

Jul 10, 2013
Send it ups/fedx to your hotel, The other way is to buy pvc pipe ( white water pipe )with endcaps put bat in that and hope it comes with you

Jan 22, 2011
Would you bring a set of catchers gear in the duffle bag or out it in a suit case? Bringing my daughter to the New England Catching Camp in late July and wondering the best to get her catcher's gear there.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Would you bring a set of catchers gear in the duffle bag or out it in a suit case? Bringing my daughter to the New England Catching Camp in late July and wondering the best to get her catcher's gear there.

I fly quite a bit often with "sensitive" items and I tend to either pack them in hardened containers or in layers. Although you could check a catchers bag as is and probably be fine there are too many exposed pockets and straps to get snagged or opened. I would use either a military style duffel/sea bag or maybe a cover for a set of golf clubs. That will give you an extra layer of protection and conceal anything that may be of interest to a thief. But know that with the proliferation of cameras in baggage handling areas the case of theft have gone down significantly over what it was a few years ago.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia

We did this a few years back. Took batting gear and other extraneous stuff out of the rolling bag, stuffed it full of clothes, and it was our only checked bag. Not saying it's the best way, but it was painless and she had a rolling bag to use on the other end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44