Favorite tournament set-up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
We are getting tired of playing the same tournament formats over and over. What are some cool tournament set-ups that you play?

I'm thinking 5 inning games (no time) for starters. Any other cool formats or ideas?

Apr 16, 2013
I personally really like the 3gg one day tournaments! 2 pool games, break it into "gold/silver/insert lower tier metal here" brackets. Make it to the championship = 4 or 5 games max. They're all close together, get a full day in then get the rest of your weekend off.

I'm good with timed games. Some of those lower tier teams that play a higher tier team can take a serious beating if they're forced to play 5 innings.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, some 5 inning games will last 3+ hours and everyone else has to wait for those to finish. It completely forks the entire schedule. It would be nice if possible, but it's not possible.

Apr 20, 2015
80 min finish pools and 7 inning or 90 min brackets. PGF in my area does this alot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2013
The best ones I ever played in had 80 minute pool and bracket. Always played on fields with no gate fee and the TD had enough fields that he could keep 1 hours and 45 between games so you almost never weren't on times. You knew going in that if you won your bracket what time you would play on Sunday and all the way down so you didn't have to wait around Saturday night for that call. The only negative was Sunday was always single elimination and all teams made it to gold bracket so you had some long Sundays(or sometimes a lot of time to to yardwork).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06