Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2014
Heck I thought they were talking in terms of bottom hand-top hand during the swing where the bottom hand is on top of the bat and top hand is below the bat, so during the swing your top is your bottom and your bottom is your top

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Focus, people.

Flat rear forearm (not upper arm or nose) at toe touch ( not in stance, or while running to base)
I actually agree with you on this point E, it should be parallel or fairly close to parallel with the ground at toe tough. I don't think its important to be exact in this area. The player quickly passes through that forearm position though, but I think it is a decent check point.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think what is being discuss is whether the hitter elbow is up (scap load anybody) or does the elbow start and remain closer to the hitters rib cage. Great hitter both ways. Most have elbow up. Many fastpitch players (now coaches) were taught that softball swing is different than a baseball swing requiring the elbow to start closer to the rig cage in order to produce a quicker flatter swing.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Requiring the elbow to start closer to the rig cage in order to produce a quicker flatter swing.
You don't want quicker, you want faster bat speed. Totally different things.

I could hold the bat out like I'm bunting and be super quick.

And the elbow at the rib cage starts with no leverage. Try it yourself with a bat speed gadget

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You don't want quicker, you want faster bat speed. Totally different things.

I could hold the bat out like I'm bunting and be super quick.

And the elbow at the rib cage starts with no leverage. Try it yourself with a bat speed gadget
I am not saying I agree with it, just saying how the low elbow for fastpitch came to be.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma