Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
On a thrown ball in NCAA, you have to have intent for it to be interference. She was facing the other direction, so I don't think you could justify any claim of intent. She also didn't prevent any play from occurring, it was just the ball coming back in.

It's like the MLB play a few weeks ago where the runner scores and unintentionally/unknowingly kicks the ball while walking away, allowing another runner to score.

I don't like that you can unintentionally interfere when there isn't a play happening and create a play where you get rewarded for it. I agree that I would like to see that become a dead ball.

Yes, I think just a dead ball is fine. No actual penalty if unintentional, and I agree the OU player was not trying to do it.

May 29, 2015
I did think it was funny when the OU third baseman went ballistic after a walk, then booted one at third right after in the next inning

Kinda one of those, you get what you get
And how did the batter react when she reached first base? Was she flexing and howling at the moon?

Agreed about karma. It just needs to be a bigger b1+ch sometimes.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
And how did the batter react when she reached first base? Was she flexing and howling at the moon?

One of the batters got grazed by a pitch on the thigh. The umpire didn't see it, but the player rightly claimed that she was hit, so they went to replay. When it was confirmed she was hit, she ran to first base flailing her arms and doing her best Joe Carter imitation.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

She did nothing of course...she should have started screaming and stomping around and the bench should have done the
same thing :D

Sep 1, 2021
I was raised at a time when you didn't show up the opposing players and team. If you did, there were consequences for those actions. As TMIB said, act like you've been there before. Does it turn me off when a batter goes nuts over a walk? Yes, but I'm not their target audience. Do my girls behave like that when they get a seemingly inconsequential walk in a game? Absolutely not. I feel it's classless. Is it done to intimidate the other team? Perhaps, and OU has been so successful that it's hard to argue against, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I guess I'm just old. I prefer the bench clearing brawls the Yankees and Red Sox used to have. Seeing Graig Nettles knock out Bill Lee was a highlight of my youth. I used to enjoy the bruhahas in hockey between the Islanders and Rangers or Flyers. Maybe that's why Slapshot is one of my favorite sports movies. But the game was different back then. The players policed themselves. Show up a pitcher after a homer, the next guy gets drilled. The next guy then tells the original guy to knock it off because he's tired of getting hit. That doesn't happen now. Again, maybe I'm old.

Then again, with all the protection batters wear nowadays, getting drilled doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Like when Brito spiked her bat and went nuts over a walk, when the pitch before she watched strike 3 (that didn't get called) float across the center of the plate against Tennessee.

I guess I'm old too.

May 12, 2014

Exactly. Lol. FSU made some big plays in the game. And they didn’t go nuts like OU. It’s just so cheesy. They win. So I get it. But it’s so forced

May 12, 2014
Like when Brito spiked her bat and went nuts over a walk, when the pitch before she watched strike 3 (that didn't get called) float across the center of the plate against Tennessee.

I guess I'm old too.
Maybe I’m old too. Lol. Going nuts over plays for the sake of doing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00