Extras bases on dead ball question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2010
So the situation I described, the runner was on second when the ball was pitched. She was on third when the ball went into the dugout. So she shouldn't have been awarded home?
Correct, as Comp and jbooth have posted. It's the time of the pitch that counts, not the time that the ball goes out of play.

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks! I thought the call was right at first and had voiced that opinion at the time to the other parents in the stands, but the more I thought about it, I was questioning it in my mind. Thanks for clearing it up!

May 16, 2010
So the situation I described, the runner was on second when the ball was pitched. She was on third when the ball went into the dugout. So she shouldn't have been awarded home?

She should not have been awarded home. It's a one base award from the time of the pitch.

Jan 15, 2009
Follow up on this. Runner on first, fly ball hit to LF. Runner holds up to see if ball is caught then takes off for second F7 throws ball out of play with both R1 & R2 between 1st and 2nd base at the time of release. To you push the leading runner home on the award due to the award of the trailing runner being third base, or do you hold the trailing runner at 2nd base based on the leading runner's award of third??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad