Electing New Leaque Volunteers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Sometimes being in a small town can hinder stuff too. I had a TB team, and was looking for a field. The local P&R had a field at a park that hadn't been used for several years since they built a new complex. I asked the Director if we could get the field back into playing condition (Using our own money, and people). I was told NO, we can't allow that. Hmmmm ok. To this day, that field is still there, overgrown, and not used.

Jun 8, 2012
WV
Sometimes being in a small town can hinder stuff too. I had a TB team, and was looking for a field. The local P&R had a field at a park that hadn't been used for several years since they built a new complex. I asked the Director if we could get the field back into playing condition (Using our own money, and people). I was told NO, we can't allow that. Hmmmm ok. To this day, that field is still there, overgrown, and not used.

That's a shame. You were willing and able too.
Boo !

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
The By-Laws don't traditionally discuss these types of issues; the Constitution does.

Every organized league will (should) have a Constitution. The Constitution will discuss how the Board positions are elected and what the responsibilties of each position entails. If the league does not follow the law of their Constition with... [electing Board of Directors, running their meetings in accordance with Robert's Rule, managing finanaces, etc]. they could find themselves in a heap of trouble starting with Probation and possibly losing their Charter. If you have any issues with this then you need to meet with your Town Manager...not the Mayor...Town Manager!

Regarding the fields...are they owned by the Town or privately? If owned by the Town, you need to write and/or meet with the Director of Public Works, The Director of Recreation and again the Town Manager. They need to know the fields are unsafe and a liability. If the Town has an agreement with the league, that the league maintains the fields, and they are not sufficiently doing that, then the Town needs to be aware...because its their property.

Stay involved and good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves