Easy break in 1st base glove - Recommendations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2018
I don't believe that easy break in, and long lasting go together. Pick either the first or second. It is december, get her a good glove. Grab a 5lb dumbell and beat the crap out of it. As @Rolling Hard says, go to a batting cage and catch a ton of balls.
Oh I agree, and we have the whole winter to get the thing right but in my experience getting a HOH to game ready in that amount of time isn't likely. YMMV though. For this reason I'm thinking we need to pick the first unless someone can convince me otherwise. As much as I want to get her a custom HOH we really can't wait that long to get this process started. This 1B thing kind of came out of the blue from Coach so we're trying to up armor her real fast for the spot.

Oct 8, 2021
My DD plays 1st, OF, and P. The past two years she has used a 12.5" Liberty Advanced. She never really liked 1B gloves. I just ordered her a 12.5" HOH.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I still like the Vinci RV1961-L option, not necessarily because I like Vinci, but because the 1961 is a fantastic pattern! I got one for a girl who pitched and played 1B with Anna in 16U, it worked perfectly for her and she loved it!

Now if you’re still on the fence about a dedicated 1B mitt, I doubt you’ll beat this deal!

And if you’re interested in buying / ordering her a custom, look at building her a Marucci Cypress 12.75” H-web baseball glove, you just can’t beat their $200 custom glove order deal right now!

Aug 12, 2018
Mizuno MVP Prime is great. DD was 12 when she got hers, broke in well and fast still using it a year and a half later
The Mizuno is certainly high on the list as we know they break in pretty quick. Plus I know, as much as I personally despise it, she likes the velcro on the wrist band.

Aug 12, 2018
Now if you’re still on the fence about a dedicated 1B mitt, I doubt you’ll beat this deal!

So is this a Softball Glove? She's got pretty small hands. We've learned going Baseball doesn't work - does weird things to the pocket...her fingers sort of close the glove in the middle is the best way I can describe it.

Aug 12, 2018
Yep, baseball glove. Good luck in your search.
Thank you my friend. You're advice is always super helpful. Don't know if you remember but you gave excellent council on picking up a Rawlings HOH in Tan and Black catchers mitt. My DD, who is a P/C/Utility, ended up asking for the same model with a different color scheme - she absolutely LOVES it. I have gloves laying all over my house!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00