Dumping the barrel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Needing some help on getting a girl outta this habit. Kills the low ball, not much luck with anything above her waist. Has trouble with high tee drills, that's where we've started. Any advise????

Apr 27, 2015
Do you have 2 tees? Set one up behind the tee with the ball that she is supposed to hit. Set that back tee low and ask her to not hit the back tee while still making contact with the ball on the front tee. Concentrate on the bat drop and not so much on the contact until you see it getting better.

Jun 18, 2010
Needing some help on getting a girl outta this habit. Kills the low ball, not much luck with anything above her waist. Has trouble with high tee drills, that's where we've started. Any advise????

Do you understand the roll of the hands in the swing?
Do you understand the concept of the hinge angle of the top hand in relation to the bat?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Has trouble with high tee drills
Keep working on 'high tee' until hitter doesn't have a 'problem' with high tee.
k50t9d.gif

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
Do you understand the concept of the hinge angle of the top hand in relation to the bat?

Would you explain this. I'm seeing a top hand swivel. When I do it I swivel my top hand and there is a fine line between rearward barrel and barrel dump...a very fine line. Some may say barrel dump while others see rearward barrel turn. Its a very fine line

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015

I'd love to know what hinge angle is. It continues to come up in my readings on here and I do have a glossary to refer to

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We also do this drill. Can you explain why this is good for barrel dump or what good do you think comes from this particular drill.

A dumped barrel is going to have a very hard time getting to this location. IMO, this drill can be helpful in teaching a hitter how to work from above the ball.

What do you use this drill for?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors