Driveline Smash Factor machine balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2021
Our club has a 3 wheel Hack Attack that rarely gets used. Our facilities guy says we can only use Baden genuine leather balls in it by the hard balls seem to hurt the girls hands quite a bit and it’s accuracy is inconsistent to the point of it throwing one wild and nearly hitting girls.

I’ve been interested in trying Smash Factor balls through it. Has anyone tried using them through a Hack Attack?

May 28, 2023
Our club has a 3 wheel Hack Attack that rarely gets used. Our facilities guy says we can only use Baden genuine leather balls in it by the hard balls seem to hurt the girls hands quite a bit and it’s accuracy is inconsistent to the point of it throwing one wild and nearly hitting girls.

I’ve been interested in trying Smash Factor balls through it. Has anyone tried using them through a Hack Attack?
I haven't. Driveline has videos showing the baseball version in various machines working fine and advertise them for machine use. I have used them in lever-action (Louisville Blue Flame) machines. I will use them in our old wheel-action machines in the spring.

Jul 26, 2022
I've run them through both a Hack Attack Jr and a Jugs single wheel and they worked great in both machines. They provide a much better hitting experience for the girls than standard pitching machine balls (less pain). The girls can use their regular bats or skinny bats with them, which is great. The only thing I don't like about them is they have a tendency to "float" a little relative to standard pitching machine balls. They are great for practicing hitting riseballs though. If you bring the pitching machine in closer it tends to limit the amount of float and make the pitch trajectory more realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBaller65