Disappointed about the Forum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Somehow a lot of topics become about the difference between rec ball and TB. Also about the commitment required for TB. If any post is more than 1 page someone brings up the issue.

I know the above is relative in some conversations but it seems like every topic it somehow comes up.

Jul 26, 2010
It also might be because the answer is different if it's rec ball or travel ball, and then inevitably people get side tracked comparing, ect.

Disappointment is something that you control, not something that others provide. Perhaps you just need to lower your expectations about humanity a bit. After doing so, you might find more joy in the occurrences when humans do something that surpasses your expectations.

Have high hopes and low expectations, only make sure you do everything you can to help others improve, and you will be a much happier individual.

-W

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
It doesn't disappointment me at all. In fact I appreciate different perpectives and experiences on the subject. Plus, most discussions here have nothing to do with Rec vs. TB and the topic is never mentioned. For example, proper pitching mechanics should be taught to all pitchers no matter what level they play. In general, most members and guests are interested in fastpitch played at a higher level than rec ball but since most kids start out in rec leagues parents bring with them their personal experiences with this level of softball. Plus you need to remember that not all TB and rec programs are created equal thoughout the country.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm glad people bring it up. It reminds me that people participate in softball for a lot of different reasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd