Diamond Kinetics pitch tracker

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
I searched and can't find anything positive in the recent reviews. Does anyone here have it and have an opinion to share? Really want to like it and get it for DD for the holidays but can't justify the purchase based on Amazon's reviews. Thanks!

Feb 6, 2020
I picked one up when the had a sale including a year of the Premium Pitcher subscription for free. We have used it several times and I can't say I've been real impressed with it. It only reads every other pitch if we are lucky. I'm using an iPad Air 2 and have tried moving it to several different locations to see if it would improve the results and no luck. Maybe a newer device would work better. When it does read, the MPH has enough variance that I don't trust it. The spin info seems to be good though. I'd be happy if it would read 9 out of 10 but is a bigger distraction than it is worth with it only reading half the time. I do not believe you get the spin information without the Premium Pitcher subscription either.

Feb 6, 2020
I should add that we haven't had it that long yet. I contacted support once with a different issue and they were fast to respond and were able to help with the issue quickly. I'll probably contact support again about my current issue.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
There are a couple of threads on this topic. Overall I feel the product is acceptable. Especially for the relatively low price point. Is it perfect, no. My biggest gripe is that it is a little overweight and causes issues with DD's mindset when pitching with it. Otherwise i really do like the video with info and feedback. I have just upgraded to the latest firmware and will be out with it again tomorrow night and can report back.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I picked one up when the had a sale including a year of the Premium Pitcher subscription for free. We have used it several times and I can't say I've been real impressed with it. It only reads every other pitch if we are lucky. I'm using an iPad Air 2 and have tried moving it to several different locations to see if it would improve the results and no luck. Maybe a newer device would work better. When it does read, the MPH has enough variance that I don't trust it. The spin info seems to be good though. I'd be happy if it would read 9 out of 10 but is a bigger distraction than it is worth with it only reading half the time. I do not believe you get the spin information without the Premium Pitcher subscription either.
My experience has been exactly the same, for the limited time we have used it.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
There are a couple of threads on this topic. Overall I feel the product is acceptable. Especially for the relatively low price point. Is it perfect, no. My biggest gripe is that it is a little overweight and causes issues with DD's mindset when pitching with it. Otherwise i really do like the video with info and feedback. I have just upgraded to the latest firmware and will be out with it again tomorrow night and can report back.
Anything new with it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hcm1940