DD might have lost her..... (Bat)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She has had this bat since junior year in high school. Broke 6 high school records.
Blue and White Senergy.
Sophmore in college now, she hit one out last week, called last night after practice and said there is a rattle inside the bat after she used it.
She sounded kinda heartbroken over it.

Anyone have any idea what would rattle inside a composite bat.

Should I be looking for a new one just like the old?

Straightleg

Oct 10, 2011
She has had this bat since junior year in high school. Broke 6 high school records.
Blue and White Senergy.
Sophmore in college now, she hit one out last week, called last night after practice and said there is a rattle inside the bat after she used it.
She sounded kinda heartbroken over it.

Anyone have any idea what would rattle inside a composite bat.

Should I be looking for a new one just like the old?

Straightleg
SL, if that's the SRV5B, it is banned for use by the NCAA. That's what my DD uses now...one of the best:) From what I understand, a lot of the Eastons get a rattle, which is no problem for performance, but the Ump may pull it.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hey SL

It's a chunk of the composite fiber. Synergys last forever even after a rattle...to the point that is almost a badge of honor. Only problem is that it is now "illegal" (poor word) for use, if she is in a situation that it is checked...penalties will apply.

IMO there is no better bat made.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Hey thanks guys for the information
I really dont want her using something illegal.
If I can find one like it, might just buy her a new one and hang the old one in the garage for the memory of it.
People say its not the bat, but she is kinda attached to it.

Straightleg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Yes it feels alittle end loaded, even though it says balanced. She loves that since she has a pretty good hand path.
Her highschool teamamtes used to tell her, damm that bat is heavy....:)
How do you swing that thing

I will have to look, I think she is swinging that in some of her youtube videos

SL

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Yes it feels alittle end loaded, even though it says balanced. She loves that since she has a pretty good hand path.
Her highschool teamamtes used to tell her, damm that bat is heavy....:)
How do you swing that thing

I will have to look, I think she is swinging that in some of her youtube videos

SL

Her 33/24 weighs 25.8 ounces but she said she can't tell the difference. Her hitting coach told us to get it, and I was hesitant because of the weight, but so far so good. Now we just need to get it broken in!
Your DD may like last years Synergy which is still legal or this years Brigade (yellow and black)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Her 33/24 weighs 25.8 ounces but she said she can't tell the difference. Her hitting coach told us to get it, and I was hesitant because of the weight, but so far so good. Now we just need to get it broken in!
Your DD may like last years Synergy which is still legal or this years Brigade (yellow and black)

Yellow and black...ok, what was last years color
Think they are similar to the blue and white, abit endloaded?
She swings a 33/23 I believe

SL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yellow and black...ok, what was last years color
Think they are similar to the blue and white, abit endloaded?
She swings a 33/23 I believe

SL

Last years was white with a neon greenish yellow...might want to check because I know some months back it already had 2 strikes on the ncaa list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl