DD Getting frozen out of High School ball. Any options during that time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
My dd appears to be getting frozen out of high school ball. Can’t tell you exactly why but either way it’s looking like she won’t play at all next season. This of course depends on if the coach is still there next year. Are there other leagues or options in the spring for a junior player aside from high school. I’m sure not everyone plays high school for various reasons and maybe there are other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My dd appears to be getting frozen out of high school ball. Can’t tell you exactly why but either way it’s looking like she won’t play at all next season. This of course depends on if the coach is still there next year. Are there other leagues or options in the spring for a junior player aside from high school. I’m sure not everyone plays high school for various reasons and maybe there are other options.

What exatly does "frozen out" mean?

Apr 12, 2015
Is there a particular reason she doesn't get any play time?

Anyway, in my area, there are always some 18U teams that get together to play though the HS season full of girls that don't play for their school for a variety of reasons. You should be able to find something for her to do, though you might have to lower your expectations in terms of team talent.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Is this her decision or someone else's decision? Frozen out sounds like she did something illegal and is no longer allowed to play.

Don't know about your area, there are not many options for HS softballers to play outside of HS softball during HS softball season. Why? Because they are ALL playing HS softball. Who are they are going to play?

May 4, 2016
Here there are always teams for girls not playing HS. But, I live in the KC metro where MO plays in the fall and KS plays in the spring.

Jul 5, 2016
High school ball can be pretty political. I know a couple of talented girls who were deliberately kept on j.v. by the high school coach because he was feuding with the parents of the girls.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana

Does she play on a travel team already? There are some teams that play tournaments during the HS season if they arent on a hs team. If she is already on a travel team but they dont play during the HS season, why not just try to pick up with a team or two that is playing tournaments then?

Nov 8, 2018
Does she play on a travel team already? There are some teams that play tournaments during the HS season if they arent on a hs team. If she is already on a travel team but they dont play during the HS season, why not just try to pick up with a team or two that is playing tournaments then?

Yes she does. Not sure that’s an option. Don’t even know where to look. Why I’m asking the group.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06