Daughters stats from past weekend tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
In 5 games she was 3-5 with a 2B, 4 BB and 4 HBP. She was so frustrated. There was a nice wind blowing out to left/left center all weekend. The 2B hit the bottom of the fence.
After the double she could not get a pitch to hit, or was hit by the pitch. 3-5 in first 2 games, 0-0 in each of the last 3.
She did score a ton of runs which was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
She helped her team!!
Not sure the age group but in 18s walks and HBP are as good as hits. It always frustrates me when a hitter is in a 3-0 count and the team needs a runner on base but instead of working a walk she decides to swing away for whatever reason.
Gotta help the team.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
She’s 18u. She’s the team captain and understands how important it is to get on base (hence the 4 walks and no daddy hacks at bad pitches). But for a power hitter not getting any hit-able pitches to drive over the fence (especially with that helping wind) was frustrating.

May 6, 2015
She helped her team!!
Not sure the age group but in 18s walks and HBP are as good as hits. It always frustrates me when a hitter is in a 3-0 count and the team needs a runner on base but instead of working a walk she decides to swing away for whatever reason.
Gotta help the team.

depending on lvel of play, that 3-0 pitch might be the best pitch to hit they see all WE. I wish coaches would "yellow" light hitters more, assuming you have a hitter with a good eye, if you love it, take it for a ride, otherwise, take. of course, situational too, bottom of last inning, down one or tied, do not risk the out of a ball in play on 3-0, etc.

Jun 27, 2018
She helped her team!!
Gotta help the team.

That’s good my daughter gets walked a lot and seems to get hit by pitches at least twice a tournament too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez