Daddy brag: 8yo vs 12u All-Star pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Yesterday evening, our 10u All-Star team played a scrimmage against the 12u All-Stars and actually led until allowing across a few late runs as our catchers are not yet experienced with girls coming home on passed balls.

Little Mojo stood in and laid down a good-looking bunt against their #1 pitcher, but she was set up too far back in the box and the ball went just foul. She fouled off another pitch, and then popped out to the pitcher. In her 2nd at-bat, this time against the #2, she fouled off another pitch and drew a walk. She stole 2nd on a change-up and then stole 3rd with no throw on a pitch in the dirt.

She played CF and looked good on all her backup assignments.

Before the game, Mom was concerned about her playing against such an old team where many of the girls were giants! But in Daddy's biased opinion, she and the rest of her team more than held their own. There's no telling what the other area 10u All-Star teams look like, but I think this team has a chance to be competitive in lots of games this summer. :)

Feb 3, 2011
I know that it's just one game and only a scrimmage at that, but I think it was a huge confidence booster for our 10u girls, and especially for our little one...and for Mom. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG