computer question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I have saved several web pages in a folder with elite pitchers & batters videos in my computer for video analysis. Is there any way to save these videos directly to the computer so I can use the laptop in the field where no internet is available??? Thanks

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Do you know the file extensions of the videos? You could try searching on download.com for a free player dependent on the video file type. I had downloaded a free program a while back on another computer that let me download Youtube videos. I don't recall the program name though.

Below is a link to the most popular downloader.

http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html?tag=mncol;pop

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2008
Often times the web pages (those with .HTML or .ASP extension) just contain links embedded in them that will take you to the video. Some times you can right click on the links in other pages and a popup menu will appear that will allow you Save the media file itself those might have extensions like .WMV (Windows Media File) or .MOV (Apple Quick Time Movie) and as FJRGerry suggested based on those extensions you will need a player that is capable of actually playing that particular type of media. The Windows Media Player that comes with Windows can play a large variety of those file types but it can't play all of them so as they suggested you would need to do a Google search for that type of file extension and it should come back with information that will help you locate a player.

Oct 28, 2009
Some sites have multiple layers of safeguards to stop downloads. But many sites allow a visitor to download video content. If you provide a website that you find especially desirable, we can look at it. I would like to hear techniques used by others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207