College strike zone, Sheeeesh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I've watched a lot of college softball out of the gate this year D1 and some D2...am I crazy, or is the strike zone embarrassingly wide. Like holy shirt calling strikes on the inside chalk wide. It's ridiculous, on top of drop pitches almost in the dirt called strikes. STOP helping the pitchers, if the scores averages are up, so be it...call the zone properly. CRIPES

Sunday rant over🥳

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I've watched a lot of D1 ball this year as well...some of it up close enough to see pretty much what the umpire sees. I've often seen a very narrow zone both horizontally and vertically. Pitchers often having to groove a pitch to get a call.

Nov 22, 2019
I've watched a lot of college softball out of the gate this year D1 and some D2...am I crazy, or is the strike zone embarrassingly wide. Like holy shirt calling strikes on the inside chalk wide. It's ridiculous, on top of drop pitches almost in the dirt called strikes. STOP helping the pitchers, if the scores averages are up, so be it...call the zone properly. CRIPES

Sunday rant over🥳

Don’t drop balls often enter the zone at the knees as a strike and then are caught just above the ground. I means it’s not where the catcher catches the ball.

Feb 15, 2017
Bama has on of the hardest infields in the SEC - Michele Smith three times in two days

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13