Cold Weather, what's your kid wearing to stay warm?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Got a tournament this weekend and the weather in Atlanta is forecast for High 52, Low 29. 9mph wind.

What's your stay warm solution for players? Specifically pitchers.

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2016
My daughter wears Under Armour HeatGear. I know it's not designed for cold, but when she wears the ColdGear she feels overheated after about 20 minutes regardless of the outdoor temperature. The HeatGear keeps her warm enough without making her uncomfortable and if the day warms up, it's still comfortable for her to wear.

Oct 4, 2018
Playing in the Owl?

We played last weekend in 30 degree weather and again this weekend in Atlanta (Owl) in 30 degree weather. Here's what we're doing:

1. Agreeing with other team to cancel the 8:00 am Pool game Sunday morning (if still freezing)
2. Layers
3. Gloves and parkas, for every moment they're not playing
4. Hand warmers
5. The items that they can play in (long undersleeves, sweatshirts with their numbers, toboggans)
6. Hot Chocolate

Jun 27, 2021
Got a tournament this weekend and the weather in Atlanta is forecast for High 52, Low 29. 9mph wind.

What's your stay warm solution for players? Specifically pitchers.

Thanks!
Mine always went with UA cold gear for her upper body, regular tights, ear/head band. Hoodie the dugout

May 16, 2016
Playing in the Owl?

We played last weekend in 30 degree weather and again this weekend in Atlanta (Owl) in 30 degree weather. Here's what we're doing:

1. Agreeing with other team to cancel the 8:00 am Pool game Sunday morning (if still freezing)
2. Layers
3. Gloves and parkas, for every moment they're not playing
4. Hand warmers
5. The items that they can play in (long undersleeves, sweatshirts with their numbers, toboggans)
6. Hot Chocolate
This weekend is PGF Show me the money. Veterans last weekend, it was COLD...

Aug 15, 2021
My DD is a pitcher and likes to keep a hand warmer in each jacket pocket to keep her hands warm between innings. She also wears sliding shorts, which she usually doesn't and the Under Armour heat gear sleeves.

May 21, 2018
It was snowing at our game last Friday night. Lot's of layers and hand warmers. I went to Lowes and bought a small propane heater for the dugout to at least give the girls a place to warm up their hands. Some other parents brought tarps for the dugouts to keep the wind out.

DD is a pitcher and I think she had a long sleeve Under Armor Cold Gear shirt on under her jersey. Maybe a jacket between innings. She handles cold way better than her DF.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA