Coil

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Curious based on the clip below where everyone feels the hip coil (with regards to loading the lower body) is complete (which frame)

Coil.gif

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Curious based on the clip below where everyone feels the hip coil (with regards to loading the lower body) is complete (which frame)

Coil.gif

Frames 21 (start) through 39 (end) is the coil (load), primarily with upper body with a little bit of hip coil (lower body) starting at frame 25 through 35. In general, I don't see a lot of lower body coil but maybe its the angle of the vid?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hip looks it stops coiling in frame 37/38, which is after toe touch. Would need to see a pitch where contact is made to really tell when heel plant (swing commit) happens, though.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
I have watched this clip too many times now i'm getting crosseyed. The hips are definately coiling thru 33 maybe 34 or 35, but by 36 they are starting to uncoil. Watch the stripe down the rear hip/upper leg, as well as the small part of white pants toward the front of hitters leg.

R

RayR

If I said I thought effective coiling (meaning for the purpose of loading the lower body) ended at frame 16ish - how would that change the way everyone looked at this swing?

What is making the hips counter rotate from frames 25-35?

R

RayR

And so do you think the additional hip counter rotation is adding anything to her swing? Is it part of the loading of the lower body?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl