Check out this rundown

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
This weekend we were 4 and 0 in the tournament we played in. We scored 56 or so runs, and allowed 6. We knew going in we were probably going to do pretty well but it sure did let see how much these girls have improved since we started!

In the championship game my DD was playing short stop. She and the catcher are doing the rundown. 1B was ok after a minute; I think someone stepped on her leg.

[video]https://youtu.be/jcgjQWWhLzs[/video]

Jun 12, 2015
The catcher is the only 05 on our team so we lose her next year. So sad. But she's actually never caught before. I don't think we have ever practiced her running down to cover 1st, she just did it. Kid is on the ball!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
It's a first year 10U team so imperfect execution is not surprising ;) Definitely love the hustle though.

Love the hustle, but as a teaching moment, tell the girls that you do not want to turn a run down into "monkey in the middle", you want to run the girl back to the lower base and make a bang-bang play there. That said, gotta love that the 1B falls down and just lays there watching the play. The umpire possibly could have called her for interference considering the base runner was trying to jump over her when the catcher applied the tag....LOL

Jun 12, 2015
I thought of that too, the interference thing. I was kind of surprised he didn't really. She probably should have crawled out of the way, lol. It was fun to watch though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck