Left Handed Throw Catchers Mitt for dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 29, 2021
Looking for a left handed catchers mitt for a bucket dad that won’t break the bank. I read all the old topics and most of the suggestions are discontinued. I even ordered one a couple weeks ago that was suggested, the glovesmith but today they said they wouldn’t be able to fulfill the order so I’m back at it. Looked at the Mizunos but it’s out of stock everywhere. I have a pretty big hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
My suggestion would be to find a used Liberty Advanced. What's your price range? And what age is the pitcher? b/c a cheaper glove with an older pitcher is a recipe for bruised hands, jammed thumbs, and lots of colorful language.

Jan 22, 2011
I really like my Liberty Worth advanced. I was lucky and got it for $99/50pct off for Left Handers Day several years ago.

Oct 29, 2021
My suggestion would be to find a used Liberty Advanced. What's your price range? And what age is the pitcher? b/c a cheaper glove with an older pitcher is a recipe for bruised hands, jammed thumbs, and lots of colorful language.

She’s 12u and currently throws 50-52 so not too crazy yet but my old slow pitch softball glove isn’t doing the trick anymore. I’d like to keep it under $130ish. I looked on eBay but for the left hand throw gloves the used ones seem to cost as much as the new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Unfortunately, finding a lefty in that price range will be a challenge. Your best bet might be a baseball first baseman's mitt or catcher's mitt. Rawlings makes a baseball mitt called the Renegade that might work for you. It's not pro grade, but if you're only using to catch a bullpen session, you should be fine.

Rawlings also has plenty of 1B mitts that might work for you.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I used this mitt to catch my daughter until she hit 55+. After that point, I felt I needed a true catcher's mitt to protect my hand. It has a deep pocket, so there's no concern about a softball popping out. Does it have the padding of a catcher's mitt? No, but the size and padding is better than a standard glove. And the price is in your range.

Jan 22, 2011
My DD used an Easton NATB3 for catching a couple HS games and doing bullpen during travel ball the last year she played and it worked well. It’s discontinued, but the glove @LEsoftballdad recommends looks similar.

She complained the pocket wasn’t broken in enough on the Liberty Advanced for game use.

Aug 15, 2021
I second LE's suggestion on a baseball firstbaseman's glove. I have been using a HOH firstbaseman's glove to catch my DD from 12U-16U and it has served it's purpose. Now she is throwing in the low to mid 60's and I am thinking about a catcher's mitt, but I have had no problems up to this point.

I am also a lefty and have had trouble finding any decent catchers mitts that aren't custom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles