Can you get my DD ready for MS ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I get these calls from time to time. So, today, I told the mom that I could start with her DD this weekend. Well, she is gone to her dad's and will be back July 31.

MS ball starts about August 15th.

I asked her if her dad can help her? No. I asked if the mom can help her? No. Does she have a ball glove? No.

I think that people tend to consider softball something that is played at a church picnic and don't really understand how dangerous starting the game in 8th grade, could be. Yikes.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I get these calls from time to time. So, today, I told the mom that I could start with her DD this weekend. Well, she is gone to her dad's and will be back July 31.

MS ball starts about August 15th.

I asked her if her dad can help her? No. I asked if the mom can help her? No. Does she have a ball glove? No.

I think that people tend to consider softball something that is played at a church picnic and don't really understand how dangerous starting the game in 8th grade, could be. Yikes.

If you can successfully moderate DFP, this will be a piece of cake for a miracle worker like you.

Best of luck!

Jan 27, 2014
Yikes! Here 99% of the middle school players are travel ball girls. My daughter was literally the only girl on the team who has never played(travel). Common sense would tell you they need lots of practice and some skill to make a MS team! I was terrified when my 6th grader had to pitch against seasoned 8th graders. No way I would have been ok sending her out there to play in any way if she didn't have some experience. I don't get the thought process some people have.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We have a few players that have never played SB before MS, they are all pretty good players now. Their family supports them though. I think I would pass, that is why the MS coach gets paid big bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234