Bruce Bolt batting gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Hahahahahaha, thats what they keep saying.

Hey, I might want to venture to the great white to meet for a beer sometime, gotta stay on good terms :D
You're always welcome, I may even dig out an old pair of gloves to hold that frosty with!

BTW - there's a few clearance gloves listed in that link for under $15. All of the companies you mentioned have made some good and some crap. I have an old (30+ yrs) Moose enduro jacket that I still use, I've crashed hard on rocks, trees, etc., and it's held up. Even used it a few times as an outer shell for Spring skiing. Most of my gloves these days are from a company called Klim (expensive but really good, plus I get a sponsorship deal). My all time favorite helmet was from Troy Lee Designs...Day in the Dirt edition. ;-)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You're always welcome, I may even dig out an old pair of gloves to hold that frosty with!

BTW - there's a few clearance gloves listed in that link for under $15. All of the companies you mentioned have made some good and some crap. I have an old (30+ yrs) Moose enduro jacket that I still use, I've crashed hard on rocks, trees, etc., and it's held up. Even used it a few times as an outer shell for Spring skiing. Most of my gloves these days are from a company called Klim (expensive but really good, plus I get a sponsorship deal). My all time favorite helmet was from Troy Lee Designs...Day in the Dirt edition. ;-)
You def know the equipment better. I havent used anything but the gloves...hahaha.
Think Ive been using these gloves for probably 15 years. I just got so sick of going thru so many.
The tack spray can do some damage on cheap made stuff. I never liked how companies make
gloves so easily ruined. omg, and how some batting gloves would get rock hard after drying and stink
like crazy.

Nov 5, 2021
we're on our 8th pair between two kids. The kids burn through them just as fast as Franklin gloves.
but 50 vs 80.. i just close my eyes and eat the cost. The kids like the slightly thicker leather of the bolts.

Nov 18, 2022
As much as I hate to shop at dicks- the glove warranty is 3.99 for 1 year. My DD was rolling through gloves every 2-3 months and we kept buying. Now we go to any dicks with receipt and gloves and they give you a new pair. At that point they will ask if you want the warranty on the new pair- so 3.99 and another year warranty- basically paying 3.99 every time you buy gloves. They do carry Bolt but I'm not sure my daughter would tear those in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Franklin classics are the best. By the time they rip they are full of sweat and nastiness and its time for a new pair anywayz. Who doesn't like the feel of new batting gloves?

Oct 4, 2018
I just finished going through the warrantee process on the Bruce Bolts.

Purchased in Nov 2022. A week ago they ripped. In the palm, across the palm. Making them pretty useless.

I did clean and condition them once in the summer.

Bruce Bolt used to offer a one-year, 100% guarantee. So I go to the site and they refer me to a chat bot, that asks questions. So I answer them, and they show me the shimmering dots as if they're going over my claim, then I get the very upbeat and polite message that my claim is denied. :D

So then I call, and talk to someone. It's a bit long, and eventually they ask if they failed from normal wear and tear or from an accident. I suppose my daughter accidentally not getting a hit doesn't count, so I say "normal wear and tear". So they decline me.

I recheck the warrantee information and basically see that "normal wear and tear" is covered. So I call back. Different agent this time, and after a detailed discussion she basically takes my details and says it's "an accident". So she instructs me to go back to the chat bot and answer a bit differently, which I do. Claim approved.

They send me a virtual credit card, which doesn't really work on the Bruce Bolt web site so that takes me a while to figure out, basically signing in as a guest (not to my account which it defaults to).

Anyway, the one-year guarantee is no longer offered, and of course they don't want to honor it if they don't have to.

Point being, the gloves almost lasted us a year and she loved them. And we'll get another 10 months out of this replacement pair. Then probably buy from Dick's with the insurance on them.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I just finished going through the warrantee process on the Bruce Bolts.

Purchased in Nov 2022. A week ago they ripped. In the palm, across the palm. Making them pretty useless.

I did clean and condition them once in the summer.

Bruce Bolt used to offer a one-year, 100% guarantee. So I go to the site and they refer me to a chat bot, that asks questions. So I answer them, and they show me the shimmering dots as if they're going over my claim, then I get the very upbeat and polite message that my claim is denied. :D

So then I call, and talk to someone. It's a bit long, and eventually they ask if they failed from normal wear and tear or from an accident. I suppose my daughter accidentally not getting a hit doesn't count, so I say "normal wear and tear". So they decline me.

I recheck the warrantee information and basically see that "normal wear and tear" is covered. So I call back. Different agent this time, and after a detailed discussion she basically takes my details and says it's "an accident". So she instructs me to go back to the chat bot and answer a bit differently, which I do. Claim approved.

They send me a virtual credit card, which doesn't really work on the Bruce Bolt web site so that takes me a while to figure out, basically signing in as a guest (not to my account which it defaults to).

Anyway, the one-year guarantee is no longer offered, and of course they don't want to honor it if they don't have to.

Point being, the gloves almost lasted us a year and she loved them. And we'll get another 10 months out of this replacement pair. Then probably buy from Dick's with the insurance on them.
Disappointing to hear that but not unusual these days (the customer service or lack thereof I mean). Both DD's have had a pair for just over a year, don't want to jinx them but holding up well so far.

Oct 4, 2018
Disappointing to hear that but not unusual these days (the customer service or lack thereof I mean). Both DD's have had a pair for just over a year, don't want to jinx them but holding up well so far.

Yeah, it was your typical "insurance" run around, them doing everything they possibly could to not honor their word. And of course it was outsourced to some third party that didn't really know anything about softball. I was pretty determined I was going to get my replacement pair. Took a while and was frustrating, but...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA