Broken CF6 Vendetta

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2016
In Georgia, I think it is safe to say that the Ghost is by far the most popular bat - at least in the high-level 14U through 18U tournaments.

My daughter had to have a bat last year during school ball (in the Fall here in GA), so we bought her a Louisville Slugger PXT. She's a pretty strong girl, so we got her a 32 (-10). She hated it. Swore it was dead. Refused to swing it in games, and always went to the plate with a teammates' bat. I got about 1/2 my money back selling it on eBay.

So we bought her a 2019 LXT - this time in a 33 (-10). She loved it. But after ten months of games and batting practice, it was declared illegal at a TCS tournament a month ago. The handle had some loose from the main barrel. So we made a warranty claim with LS, and I bought her a 2020 Ghost DS online - 33 (-10). Which she LOVES. It might be the placebo effect, but she went something like 10 for 15 in the first four games with the Ghost with four warning-track outs on a 225 field. But I did weigh it, and it weighed in at a whopping 24.25 ounces - 1.25 ounces over the stamped weight.

So we decided to get the LXT replaced with another 33 (-10) - that way she'll have a 24.25 oz. bat and a 23 oz. bat.

May 20, 2019
Picked up a 29" 2019 Vendetta for $140 on Amazon. Maybe in the spring she will be strong enough to control a drop 11 bat. Easy to get caught up in the latest and greatest trap and forget that the bat is only as good as the person swinging it.

Apr 28, 2019
Problem is nobody carries 29" bats these days so it's tough to have her swing any. I may just buy her a new 29" Vendetta as I know that bat performs well for her. Hard to pass up the clearance prices on higher end bats right now though ;-)
Baseball Monkey has 2018, 2019 Rawlings Velo’s on clearance for $124-130. The 18 went for $250 and the 19 went for $280.
I would say it’s a step-up from the Vendetta. Same type of “plug-in” connection joint and swings very light. Comes in drop 11.
We have the 18 model drop 10 and it swings lighter than that. Recently started using it against older faster pitchers. We don’t currently have a high end drop 11 but this bat filled the void nicely. I was pleasantly surprised my daughter actually likes it and uses it quite a bit lately.
Many good baseball/softball sites out there. Check E-Bay also for smaller sizes.
Many quality choices out there. If you can’t demo check reviews and go from there.

Apr 28, 2019
In Georgia, I think it is safe to say that the Ghost is by far the most popular bat - at least in the high-level 14U through 18U tournaments.

My daughter had to have a bat last year during school ball (in the Fall here in GA), so we bought her a Louisville Slugger PXT. She's a pretty strong girl, so we got her a 32 (-10). She hated it. Swore it was dead. Refused to swing it in games, and always went to the plate with a teammates' bat. I got about 1/2 my money back selling it on eBay.

So we bought her a 2019 LXT - this time in a 33 (-10). She loved it. But after ten months of games and batting practice, it was declared illegal at a TCS tournament a month ago. The handle had some loose from the main barrel. So we made a warranty claim with LS, and I bought her a 2020 Ghost DS online - 33 (-10). Which she LOVES. It might be the placebo effect, but she went something like 10 for 15 in the first four games with the Ghost with four warning-track outs on a 225 field. But I did weigh it, and it weighed in at a whopping 24.25 ounces - 1.25 ounces over the stamped weight.

So we decided to get the LXT replaced with another 33 (-10) - that way she'll have a 24.25 oz. bat and a 23 oz. bat.
Best of both worlds. Let me ask you this did you hit the PXT 500-1,000 times before scrapping it?

Jul 29, 2016
Best of both worlds. Let me ask you this did you hit the PXT 500-1,000 times before scrapping it?

I didn’t hit it at all. I’d guess she probably had at least 500 pops with it. Maybe more. But once she lost confidence in the bat, we were never gonna get her to swing it in a game.

The whole bat thing is kinda crazy. I’m a serious golfer, and drivers cost around $400. But I certainly don’t buy one every year.

Jun 8, 2016
The whole bat thing is kinda crazy. I’m a serious golfer, and drivers cost around $400. But I certainly don’t buy one every year.
Kinda?? It is ridiculous. My 9 YO uses a 1 piece bat and when she is swinging like she is supposed to hits the ball fine. I don't want her getting hits when she mishits a ball.

May 20, 2019
Baseball Monkey has 2018, 2019 Rawlings Velo’s on clearance for $124-130. The 18 went for $250 and the 19 went for $280.
I would say it’s a step-up from the Vendetta. Same type of “plug-in” connection joint and swings very light. Comes in drop 11.
We have the 18 model drop 10 and it swings lighter than that. Recently started using it against older faster pitchers. We don’t currently have a high end drop 11 but this bat filled the void nicely. I was pleasantly surprised my daughter actually likes it and uses it quite a bit lately.
Many good baseball/softball sites out there. Check E-Bay also for smaller sizes.
Many quality choices out there. If you can’t demo check reviews and go from there.
I almost pulled the trigger on the velo but having not had a chance to swing one it was too much of a gamble. We know the vendetta works for her so will stick with it another season :) She will have her hands full with the transition to 10u kid pitch ball so no sense adding difficulty with a different feeling bat.

Apr 28, 2019
I didn’t hit it at all. I’d guess she probably had at least 500 pops with it. Maybe more. But once she lost confidence in the bat, we were never gonna get her to swing it in a game.

Makes sense. Sounds like she gave it a legit shot.

Apr 28, 2019
I almost pulled the trigger on the velo but having not had a chance to swing one it was too much of a gamble. We know the vendetta works for her so will stick with it another season :) She will have her hands full with the transition to 10u kid pitch ball so no sense adding difficulty with a different feeling bat.
Not that big of an adjustment. Good luck I’m sure she will do just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardSwinson